fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need tips for passing the exam

Need tips for passing the exam 2 years 7 months ago #28154

• Sureendra Dhone
  • Sureendra Dhone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I have scheduled my exam for next month. I have read the PMBOK and RM's 10th edition and started taking quizzes using the prep-cast simulator. However, my scores are varying for each chapter. For example, I score 65% in Project integration and 40% in Risk Management. Am I missing something here? Is this normal? I still have a month to prepare and would like to hear from the ones who cleared the exam on the first attempt.

Am I getting too paranoid looking at my quiz scores? Please help.

Thanks,
Surendra

Need tips for passing the exam 2 years 7 months ago #28159

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi Sureendra. I would browse through the comments on this forum, loads of people share their exam tips. You could do a search for "%" to bring up posts where other people have shared their scores in the exam simulator to give you an idea of whether your scores are in the right zone.
It is normal that your scores will vary for each chapter, because some topics you'll naturally be stronger in than others. In my opinion, 40% on risk management would indicate to me that was an area worth revising. Read the question explanations for each answer and review the reference material, then try the test again.
A month to go is still plenty to get ready, so good luck!
Also, I noticed this question had posted twice in the forum so I have deleted the other one so all your responses are consolidated on this thread.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Need tips for passing the exam 2 years 7 months ago #28162

• Sureendra Dhone
  • Sureendra Dhone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Okay, thank you :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login