fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP - AT/AT/AT - First Attempt

Passed PMP - AT/AT/AT - First Attempt 2 years 10 months ago #27488

• Sharanjit Kaur
  • Sharanjit Kaur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Everyone,

Today (May 29, 2021), I passed the PMP exam in my first attempt with the above target in all three domains. I can't express my happiness in words. I visited this forum almost every day during my preparation and eagerly waited for the lessons learned and new success stories of the PMP candidates. Here I am sharing my success story.

Preparation: I prepared for almost 9 to 10 weeks for the exam. I was working from home and dedicated nearly 5 to 6 hours a day to study. I was very focused throughout my preparation. (I have a two-year-old baby who is super naughty, but my mom was super supportive of taking care of him 24*7. I am blessed to have her in my life.)

Material:
Joseph Phillips Udemy videos - 1 time
Rita's 9th edition - 3 times
PMBOK 7th edition - 3 times
Agile practice guide - 3 times
Prepcast Simulator - All questions (1st Mock - 66%, 2nd Mock - 77%, 3rd Mock - 80%, 4th Mock - 84%). I did the 3rd and 4th mock in the last week. I always did other questions in a timed setting and random selection.
lovepmp.com - a free resource for more than 2500 questions (I did around 400 questions randomly in the last week).

In the initial period (almost two-three weeks), I read the books only (Rita's 10th edition mainly) and watched Joseph Phillips videos. I couldn't understand PMBOK 6th edition, it was so dull and dry for me, but after finishing Ritas's book twice and watching all videos, I was able to read PMBOK in detail. And guess what, I started loving the book and managed to read it three times in my complete study duration. Once I went over all the text/materials at least once, I purchased the precast simulator, and it helped me a lot. I got used to scenario-based questions and, most importantly, time management. I started with 20, then 30, then 40, and then 60 questions set. The actual exam does check your time management skills as well.

I also made notes of all processes, hanged them on the wall, and went over them every other day—two whiteboards with all tools and techs and additional important notes. (Everybody has a different way of preparation. For me, visuals always work better.).

In the last week of my preparation, I just did the questions (mainly precast) and finished my final two mocks 80% above, making me confident that I am ready (Although I never felt I was fully prepared). I also created a notebook with details of my wrong questions and topics I wanted to go over multiple times, such as SPI, CPI, agile concepts, etc. I did study a lot because I knew I had no time to prepare for the second attempt due to family and job responsibilities. It was my only shot.

EXAM DAY: I gave a test center-based exam because of unstable internet in my house. I went almost 1.5 hours early, and they were nice enough to get me started right away. I took both breaks and had some almonds and water during the break. I spend 75 minutes on the first 60 questions - then took the first 10-minute break - spent 80 minutes for the following 60 questions - then took the second 10-minute break - spent 70 minutes in the last 60 questions. I gave full time for each question, so I didn't have much time to review my questions, which was okay because I knew I couldn't answer them any better with more time.

In the end, you submit, and the congratulations message pops up. The amount of relief is inexpressible.

EXAM TIP: I had no ITTOS's or direct questions from predictive methodology. 97% of questions were scenario-based, and that too from the hybrid. So don't spend much time memorizing but understand the concept, such as what a project manager will do in difficult situations, how a project manager will support his team and organization, etc.

In the end, I would suggest that you keep moving forward and don't stop no matter what! Hard work does pay!

All the very best!

Regards,
Sharanjit Kaur,MPH, PMP

Passed PMP - AT/AT/AT - First Attempt 2 years 10 months ago #27489

• Sharanjit Kaur
  • Sharanjit Kaur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I want to correct that I used PMBOK 6th edition. (There is a typo - 7th edition).

Regards,
Sharanjit Kaur, MPH, PMP

Passed PMP - AT/AT/AT - First Attempt 2 years 10 months ago #27548

• Amanda
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
impressed. I will do the same.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login