fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP - AT/AT/AT - First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP - AT/AT/AT - First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 9 months ago #27548

Amanda

's Avatar

impressed. I will do the same.
2 years 9 months ago #27489

Sharanjit Kaur

Hi,

I want to correct that I used PMBOK 6th edition. (There is a typo - 7th edition).

Regards,
Sharanjit Kaur, MPH, PMP
2 years 9 months ago #27488

Sharanjit Kaur

Hello Everyone,

Today (May 29, 2021), I passed the PMP exam in my first attempt with the above target in all three domains. I can't express my happiness in words. I visited this forum almost every day during my preparation and eagerly waited for the lessons learned and new success stories of the PMP candidates. Here I am sharing my success story.

Preparation: I prepared for almost 9 to 10 weeks for the exam. I was working from home and dedicated nearly 5 to 6 hours a day to study. I was very focused throughout my preparation. (I have a two-year-old baby who is super naughty, but my mom was super supportive of taking care of him 24*7. I am blessed to have her in my life.)

Material:
Joseph Phillips Udemy videos - 1 time
Rita's 9th edition - 3 times
PMBOK 7th edition - 3 times
Agile practice guide - 3 times
Prepcast Simulator - All questions (1st Mock - 66%, 2nd Mock - 77%, 3rd Mock - 80%, 4th Mock - 84%). I did the 3rd and 4th mock in the last week. I always did other questions in a timed setting and random selection.
lovepmp.com - a free resource for more than 2500 questions (I did around 400 questions randomly in the last week).

In the initial period (almost two-three weeks), I read the books only (Rita's 10th edition mainly) and watched Joseph Phillips videos. I couldn't understand PMBOK 6th edition, it was so dull and dry for me, but after finishing Ritas's book twice and watching all videos, I was able to read PMBOK in detail. And guess what, I started loving the book and managed to read it three times in my complete study duration. Once I went over all the text/materials at least once, I purchased the precast simulator, and it helped me a lot. I got used to scenario-based questions and, most importantly, time management. I started with 20, then 30, then 40, and then 60 questions set. The actual exam does check your time management skills as well.

I also made notes of all processes, hanged them on the wall, and went over them every other day—two whiteboards with all tools and techs and additional important notes. (Everybody has a different way of preparation. For me, visuals always work better.).

In the last week of my preparation, I just did the questions (mainly precast) and finished my final two mocks 80% above, making me confident that I am ready (Although I never felt I was fully prepared). I also created a notebook with details of my wrong questions and topics I wanted to go over multiple times, such as SPI, CPI, agile concepts, etc. I did study a lot because I knew I had no time to prepare for the second attempt due to family and job responsibilities. It was my only shot.

EXAM DAY: I gave a test center-based exam because of unstable internet in my house. I went almost 1.5 hours early, and they were nice enough to get me started right away. I took both breaks and had some almonds and water during the break. I spend 75 minutes on the first 60 questions - then took the first 10-minute break - spent 80 minutes for the following 60 questions - then took the second 10-minute break - spent 70 minutes in the last 60 questions. I gave full time for each question, so I didn't have much time to review my questions, which was okay because I knew I couldn't answer them any better with more time.

In the end, you submit, and the congratulations message pops up. The amount of relief is inexpressible.

EXAM TIP: I had no ITTOS's or direct questions from predictive methodology. 97% of questions were scenario-based, and that too from the hybrid. So don't spend much time memorizing but understand the concept, such as what a project manager will do in difficult situations, how a project manager will support his team and organization, etc.

In the end, I would suggest that you keep moving forward and don't stop no matter what! Hard work does pay!

All the very best!

Regards,
Sharanjit Kaur,MPH, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login