fbpx

Reply: How do you when help a customer submit a C/R if he does not agree with CCB

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How do you when help a customer submit a C/R if he does not agree with CCB

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26889

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

It really depends on the context of the question, there's no rules you can use or memorize. I would say in general you can help facilitate the submission of a change request, but disposition of that change request is subject to your project's Change Management Plan. In my experience if a Customer has a scope change and the contract allows for additional compensation those changes are usually accepted.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26879

Sharon S

Concur, CCB is final but when would a PM assist a stakeholder to submit a C/R if the stakeholder does not agree with the CCB and when does the PM just tell the stakeholder, just accept it (CCB decision).
3 years 3 weeks ago #26876

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

This is a bit difficult to answer without more specific details. In general the customer would have agreed to the Change Management Procedures for the project (Change Management Plan). We always try to keep the customer happy, but also must keep in mind what was agreed to. We can always help submit a change request, but disposition would be subject to the Change Management Plan and CCB as appropriate.
3 years 1 month ago #26745

Sharon S

How do you when help a customer submit a C/R if he does not agree with CCB or when to tell him all CCB decisions are final Both answers on two different questions were correct. How do I know when to do what?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login