fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26557

Khatereh Azarhoush

Hi Sharon;
I am not a real life PM. I have been a Sr. QA Engineer of 25 years. I cannot tell you whether the questions were more in line with the quiz or exam in the simulator. All I know is that practicing the
entire question bank gave me so much understanding and ability to discern which process I was in and quickly disqualify some of the answers. All the 180 questions on my test were situation based,
no straight forward, simple answers, and most had 2-3-4 correct answers. With these kind of questions, one should really be able to have a solid understanding of each process and how these processes
integrate with others. Practicing the questions and contemplating on the answers was instrumental to my success. PrepCast brings PMBOK and Agile guideline to each question, and by keep studying the
correct/incorrect answers you just can't help but to gain some mastery. Truly am grateful to a solid job that PrepCast has done in drafting each simulator.

KA
3 years 3 weeks ago #26556

Khatereh Azarhoush

All the very best. I am on the look out next month to hear the good news.
KA
3 years 3 weeks ago #26552

Sharon S

Were the questions on the real exam closer to quiz questions or practice exams in the Prepcast 2021?

Other people said they had to apply their real life experience as project managers. Are you a project manager and did you have to apply your real life experiences when you took the exam?
3 years 3 weeks ago #26546

PMP Aspirant

Thank you Khatereh for your responses. You have been a great help!
I will definitely keep you posted about the outcome of my efforts :)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26543

Khatereh Azarhoush

Yes, that's exactly what I am suggesting. Just do the exams and quizzes multiple times (I actually damaged the nerves on my right shoulder because I took way too many exams :)). You need to pick up
a strategy, speed and comprehension, as I mentioned previously. After doing a few exams, for example, when you see that 'xxx is planning stakeholders engagements', you automatically know that at this stage
we don't have a change request in place because a 'plan' must be finalized before you can even use the change request for it. In picking up this knowledge, you eliminate those answers which talk about
sending a request. Or you discern between 'business documents' vs. 'project documents'. these are very important areas that the exam simulator keeps re-iterating and drills them into your head. Do not spend time
on PMBOK, PrepCast has done a phenomenal job in bringing PMBOK to you, by detailing every single question in great extent.

You can do it, and I'll be very happy when I hear that you passed it the first time. Make sure to let us know.

KA
3 years 3 weeks ago #26542

PMP Aspirant

Khatereh,
Thank you very much for a detailed response, I really appreciate it :)

1) Can you please confirm if you just read and re-read only the explanation given for each answer in the exam simulator or you also reviewed the reference materials i.e. PMBOK or any other book?
No, not even once

In regards to the above question and your response (in bold), are you saying that you "only read and re-read the explanation of each question in the Prep Cast Simulator" and you didn't read/review the topic in the corresponding reference (whether it was PMBOK or any other book)? I am going crazy when I start reading the explanation of the answer/topic in the reference provided in the question in the simulator. Would you suggest that reading just the explanation of the questions in exam simulator is good enough and there is no need to read the corresponding topic in the reference book/material?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login