fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors

Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26524

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Khatereh Azarhoush's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi All;
I'm so thrilled to let you know that I passed the PMP exam earlier today, and what a relief it was!!
Important notes:
- I went through every single quiz and exam questions. I took 4 rounds of full exam and all the quiz questions, some couple of times
- Studied on average 5-6 hours every day for the past six weeks (no break)
- When reviewing exam questions, whether I answered them correctly or not, I went through the explanations for the entire answer choices so I knew why each answer was correct/incorrect
- Speed and comprehension that I acquired through practicing was curtail to my success
- Despite the readiness that I felt when I sat for the exam, I found the exam questions mostly vague and had to re-read some of them 2-3 times
- Around 15-20 drag/drop questions
- 30% of questions had more than one correct answer
- Half process, and half agile and hybrid

Best of luck to all. Equally important to note that I didn't even look at the PMBOK, I didn't read through any of the materials that PMI had provided for the new exam. I just completed the 35 hours and went straight to the Exam Simulator. My best tip and advise for everyone, practice those questions as much as you can. So grateful to PrepCast.

Regards,

Khatereh Azarhoush
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sudhir Kumar Pantagani
Last edit: by Khatereh Azarhoush.

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26525

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello Khatereh,
Congratulations on passing the exam, I am very happy for you :)

I am following the same approach where I am taking quizzes in the Prepcast simulator, reading the explanation of each answer whether my answer was right or wrong. But when I do that, I would have to look at the corresponding topic in PMBOK as the exam questions also refer to either PMBOK or other reference material. I would greatly appreciate of you could respond to the following questions:

1) Can you please confirm if you just read and re-read only the explanation given for each answer in the exam simulator or you also reviewed the reference materials i.e. PMBOK or any other book?
2) How long did you take to complete all quizzes and 4 mock exams?
3) Did you encounter any formula related questions like EVM, SPI, CPI, PV etc. in the exam?
4) Did you encounter any ITTOs related questions?
5) Can you please share your score of the 4 mock exams, when you took them for the first time?
6) Did you take it at home or at the exam center and if you could please share your experience, that will be great.

Once again, congrats on a well deserved achievement!

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26528

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Khatereh,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khatereh Azarhoush

Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26533

• Markus Kopko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7

Khatereh Azarhoush wrote: Hi All;
I'm so thrilled to let you know that I passed the PMP exam earlier today, and what a relief it was!!
Important notes:
- I went through every single quiz and exam questions. I took 4 rounds of full exam and all the quiz questions, some couple of times
- Studied on average 5-6 hours every day for the past six weeks (no break)
- When reviewing exam questions, whether I answered them correctly or not, I went through the explanations for the entire answer choices so I knew why each answer was correct/incorrect
- Speed and comprehension that I acquired through practicing was curtail to my success
- Despite the readiness that I felt when I sat for the exam, I found the exam questions mostly vague and had to re-read some of them 2-3 times
- Around 15-20 drag/drop questions
- 30% of questions had more than one correct answer
- Half process, and half agile and hybrid

Best of luck to all. Equally important to note that I didn't even look at the PMBOK, I didn't read through any of the materials that PMI had provided for the new exam. I just completed the 35 hours and went straight to the Exam Simulator. My best tip and advise for everyone, practice those questions as much as you can. So grateful to PrepCast.

Regards,

Khatereh Azarhoush

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus
"Management is about doing the things right;
Leadership is about doing the right things!" (Peter Tucker)

Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26534

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Congratulations Khatereh! Well done!

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26538

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you, and I'll be happy to help however I can.
1) Can you please confirm if you just read and re-read only the explanation given for each answer in the exam simulator or you also reviewed the reference materials i.e. PMBOK or any other book?
No, not even once
2) How long did you take to complete all quizzes and 4 mock exams?
6 weeks, 5-6 hours every day. I spent a total of around 120 hours on questions. This does not include the amount of time that I spent reading the reviews for each answer. That by itself, took a much longer time
3) Did you encounter any formula related questions like EVM, SPI, CPI, PV etc. in the exam?
No formula, just interpretation of CPI and SPI in a case. and another case involved story points and deciding whether we were on schedule or not.
4) Did you encounter any ITTOs related questions?
Not at all
5) Can you please share your score of the 4 mock exams, when you took them for the first time?
I got around 56% on the first 2 and passed 3 & 4 with mid 70%
6) Did you take it at home or at the exam center and if you could please share your experience, that will be great.
No, I went to the test center and really enjoyed the experience. quiet environment and very professional staff

My feedback to you: don't drive yourself nuts reading the materials. When you go through the questions, so much get cleared for you, you pick up speed, and you gain comprehension. I just cannot emphasize
enough the importance of such quality work that PrepCast has rendered in explaining every question. Absolutely mind bugling. I'm so impressed by everyone at PrepCast.

Best of luck,
Don't hesitate to ask a question if you have and I try my best to respond. My next journey is PMI-ACP. so I'm around for a little while :)

Khatereh
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMP Aspirant

Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26539

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I appreciate it. PrepCast was indeed instrumental to my success.

Best,

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26540

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Appreciate it Stan. I'm looking forward to having my next experience with PrepCast...PMI-ACP.

Best,

Khatereh

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26542

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Khatereh,
Thank you very much for a detailed response, I really appreciate it :)

No, not even once

In regards to the above question and your response (in bold), are you saying that you "only read and re-read the explanation of each question in the Prep Cast Simulator" and you didn't read/review the topic in the corresponding reference (whether it was PMBOK or any other book)? I am going crazy when I start reading the explanation of the answer/topic in the reference provided in the question in the simulator. Would you suggest that reading just the explanation of the questions in exam simulator is good enough and there is no need to read the corresponding topic in the reference book/material?

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26543

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Yes, that's exactly what I am suggesting. Just do the exams and quizzes multiple times (I actually damaged the nerves on my right shoulder because I took way too many exams :)). You need to pick up
a strategy, speed and comprehension, as I mentioned previously. After doing a few exams, for example, when you see that 'xxx is planning stakeholders engagements', you automatically know that at this stage
we don't have a change request in place because a 'plan' must be finalized before you can even use the change request for it. In picking up this knowledge, you eliminate those answers which talk about
sending a request. Or you discern between 'business documents' vs. 'project documents'. these are very important areas that the exam simulator keeps re-iterating and drills them into your head. Do not spend time
on PMBOK, PrepCast has done a phenomenal job in bringing PMBOK to you, by detailing every single question in great extent.

You can do it, and I'll be very happy when I hear that you passed it the first time. Make sure to let us know.

KA
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMP Aspirant

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26546

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thank you Khatereh for your responses. You have been a great help!
I will definitely keep you posted about the outcome of my efforts :)

Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26552

• Sharon S
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Were the questions on the real exam closer to quiz questions or practice exams in the Prepcast 2021?

Other people said they had to apply their real life experience as project managers. Are you a project manager and did you have to apply your real life experiences when you took the exam?

Passed The PMP With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26556

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
All the very best. I am on the look out next month to hear the good news.
KA

Passed PMP Exam With Flying Colors 3 years 1 month ago #26557

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Sharon;
I am not a real life PM. I have been a Sr. QA Engineer of 25 years. I cannot tell you whether the questions were more in line with the quiz or exam in the simulator. All I know is that practicing the
entire question bank gave me so much understanding and ability to discern which process I was in and quickly disqualify some of the answers. All the 180 questions on my test were situation based,
no straight forward, simple answers, and most had 2-3-4 correct answers. With these kind of questions, one should really be able to have a solid understanding of each process and how these processes
integrate with others. Practicing the questions and contemplating on the answers was instrumental to my success. PrepCast brings PMBOK and Agile guideline to each question, and by keep studying the
correct/incorrect answers you just can't help but to gain some mastery. Truly am grateful to a solid job that PrepCast has done in drafting each simulator.

KA
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login