fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Prepcast and Booster

PMP Prepcast and Booster 3 years 3 months ago #26102

• Cristina Costa
  • Cristina Costa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I started my preparation in late 2020, so I purchased the PMP Prepcast. Given the changes to the exam in 2021 I also bought the booster. My question is, should I complete both? Due to personal circumstances I don't progress as fast as I would like to so I want to avoid doubling in material or reviewing topics that are not relevant... Thanks,

PMP Prepcast and Booster 3 years 3 months ago #26105

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
As I understand it, the Booster covers the material that is not covered in the PrepCast, so you would need to do both to give you full coverage of topics for the exam. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm, but I know that's what the product was designed to do. The Booster comes with the checklist, so perhaps you could use that as a starting point to make sure you've got all the topics covered and are only reviewing them once?
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

PMP Prepcast and Booster 3 years 3 months ago #26111

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Elizabeth is correct. The Booster Course covers a lot of material that is not included in the 2020 PrepCast. (There are some PrepCast 2020 lessons that you'll also find in the Booster).

That much said: You want to go through the complete 2020 PrepCast and then follow-up with the Booster. The PrepCast will cover about 75% - 85% of what you need to know, and the booster will cover the rest.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beth Copeland
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login