fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Scoring

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Scoring

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #26027

Steven O'Dell

10-4. Thank you for the quick attention. I certainly plan to answer everything correctly so that is my fundamental approach. I suppose I just hope their scoring system is more complex than 0 and 1's :-)
3 years 2 months ago #26026

Cornelius Fichtner

I asked the same question to Sierra Hampton-Simmons (Director & Portfolio Leader, Certification Products at Project Management Institute) back in 2019 and she told me that partial credit would be given.

Please note that I do not know if PMI has actually implemented it in this way or not. Also, The PMP Exam Simulator does not give partial credit. It's either right or wrong.
3 years 2 months ago #26025

Harry Elston

Steven,

Here's some information from PMI: www.pmi.org/certifications/project-manag...ion/pmp-exam-updates

I do not know if there will be "partial credit" for questions. There is no real indication on the PMI site, so at this point, I would prepare in such a way that the answer is "no partial credit."

Harry
3 years 2 months ago #26024

Steven O'Dell

Are multi-select (multiple responses) questions scored with partial credit on the PMP exam? Meaning, if 4 selections are the correct result, and you select 3 of the 4 and then one that is not, of say 6 choices, is "partial" credit awarded or is it right or wrong? Same would apply to matching potentially, or interactive hotspot. With strictly multiple choice I can see a binary sort of situation, i.e., right or wrong. I have not been able to find anything in this respect and it was something I was curious about.

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login