fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Exam Scoring

PMP Exam Scoring 3 years 3 months ago #26024

• Steven O'Dell
  • Steven O'Dell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Are multi-select (multiple responses) questions scored with partial credit on the PMP exam? Meaning, if 4 selections are the correct result, and you select 3 of the 4 and then one that is not, of say 6 choices, is "partial" credit awarded or is it right or wrong? Same would apply to matching potentially, or interactive hotspot. With strictly multiple choice I can see a binary sort of situation, i.e., right or wrong. I have not been able to find anything in this respect and it was something I was curious about.

Thank you.

PMP Exam Scoring 3 years 3 months ago #26025

• Harry Elston
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 144
Steven,

Here's some information from PMI: www.pmi.org/certifications/project-manag...ion/pmp-exam-updates

I do not know if there will be "partial credit" for questions. There is no real indication on the PMI site, so at this point, I would prepare in such a way that the answer is "no partial credit."

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Seifried

PMP Exam Scoring 3 years 3 months ago #26026

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
I asked the same question to Sierra Hampton-Simmons (Director & Portfolio Leader, Certification Products at Project Management Institute) back in 2019 and she told me that partial credit would be given.

Please note that I do not know if PMI has actually implemented it in this way or not. Also, The PMP Exam Simulator does not give partial credit. It's either right or wrong.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMP Exam Scoring 3 years 3 months ago #26027

• Steven O'Dell
  • Steven O'Dell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
10-4. Thank you for the quick attention. I certainly plan to answer everything correctly so that is my fundamental approach. I suppose I just hope their scoring system is more complex than 0 and 1's :-)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login