fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26005

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello all,

Over the last few days, we have received a number of good questions from students who are using The PMP Exam Simulator 2021. So I decided to go ahead and record a quick video with answers. Here it is, please take a look:

drive.google.com/file/d/1inUomYryz_tmEctIPjJIlmbetVjoRPv8/view

And if you have any questions that I didn't answer, please ask them below.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean Gourdet
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26006

• Md Ali Azam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, sorry, new to this world...why is there a separate exam just on ITTO?
Also, with the new format of two 10 minute breaks, can you please clarify when these breaks are scheduled during the 4 hour period?
Last edit: by Md Ali Azam.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26011

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@ MD

Here are my answers for you:

"why is there a separate exam just on ITTO?" >> This is historical. In the past the ITTOs were a big part of the exam. They are less so now. But every time that we remove this exam, we get dozens (hundreds?) of emails from our students about "where did the ITTO exam go??!!". So we decided to keep it. My recommendation: Ignore this particular exam.

"Also, with the new format of two 10 minute breaks, can you please clarify when these breaks are scheduled during the 4 hour period?" >> We have no official statement from PMI. But one student told us that it's like this: 60 questions - break - 60 questions - break - 60 questions - end.
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Md Ali Azam

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26013

• Sharon S
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Will the exam simulator be updated as we learn more about what is on the 2021 exam?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26020

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@ Sharon

Of course! That is our standard process. Ever since we launched Simulator V1 about a decade ago, we constantly monitor lessons learned and other critical sources to learn about what the real exam is like and use that to continuously improve the questions and offered features.

However, we do not apply "knee-jerk actions". Meaning that implementing changes to the simulator features are done planned and deliberately. So the development of adding the two 10-minute breaks for the PMP Simulator is already in our backlog, and takes time to define, estimate, and then implement and release.

Questions on the other hand are updated as fast as our writers get intel and are able to make the changes.
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharon S

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26033

• Itsnanta Muhammad Fauzan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
If I have PMP Exam Simulator which still active (was bough on Dec 2020),
Can I change to PMI-ACP Exam Simulator for the remaining active period?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26034

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Itsnanta,

I'm afraid you can no longer switch. I checked your account and I see that you have taken 5 exams in the 2020 simulator. Based on our terms and conditions, you can no longer switch or obtain a refund.
Until Next Time,

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26113

• Presal Paclibare
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
hi i would like to purchase PMP 2021 simulator extension, can you send me a link

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26118

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Prasal, The PMP Exam Simulator extensions for 2021 are not yet available at this time.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 2 months ago #26182

• Richard A
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I will start taking your PMP Exam sim 2021, after I am done do I need to also take the booster?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 2 months ago #26183

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Richard

You will have to decide for yourself, if the booster course would help you. Please watch this video here where I talk about what the booster is and does:

Once you saw this, you can determine if you need it or not. It's a very personal decision depending on where you are in your PMP Prep journey.
Until Next Time,

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 2 months ago #26466

• Candiru Gertrude Sally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I was planning to sit for the old PMP exams ending 2020. For which i was liably informed that it was extended for April 2021. To my surprise after the 18th page update no provision for the old exams system is provided for example the simulators are all changed to 2021. Please advise. Could i have been wrong to understand it that way. are we all meant to prepare for the new PMP 2021?

Thank you

PMP Preparation Question 3 years 1 month ago #26496

• William Martin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cornelius,

Yesterday, I passed my CAPM certification and I was pleased that I got Above Target in all knowledge areas. I 'planned' extensively making a 'solid study plan' and then followed through with the plan with about 50-60 hours of study. And, the plan and effort worked for me. I used the PMBoK guide, the RMC CAPM Prep Book (with Fast Track exam simulations), and the PMPrepCast Simulator for CAPM exam simulated questions. I took 3 of the PrepCast simulated exams and after passing those, I felt fairly comfortable that I would pass the CAPM certification exam which I did. I will say that I think the PM PrepCast simulator was much closer to and more helpful preparing for the real exam than the RMC Fast Track simulator. However, the RMC CAPM Prep Book was still useful to start to better decipher the PMBoK guide.

With that said, I am preparing to apply and sit for the PMP exam in the next few months. I noticed that the PMP exam content has changed and I am caught in the middle of a transition period where most training providers offer material covering the previous exam's structure may be obsolete. Since I have not taken any PMP prep courses yet, what would you recommend as a good program to complete in order to prepare for this exam…..the 'previous version' PMP Prep Course , along with a Booster Course ?? , etc. Is there a course yet that covers the new PMP exam content (in its entirety) or do I need to do the old prep course, then a booster course. Along with this training, I also would like to take a BOOT camp course just before I take the exam. Can you provide good recommendations for a solid study plan, so I will be well prepared for the PMP exam.

Thank you.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26549

• Quang To
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
My Exam Simulator will expire in few days and I can't find the option to extend it. Can you please let me know how to extend for 1 or 2 months? Thanks

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26550

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Hello Quang,

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to find the option to extend your simulator subscription. Typically, a week before your simulator's subscription is expired, an email is sent to you with the extension offer. It is possible that you have either missed the email or it went into your spam folder. Regardless, I have opened a proactive ticket for our support team on your behalf. They will help you with your inquiry.

Thank you again for selecting our products for your preparations.

Best of luck.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Stan Po - Admin.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26551

• Sharon S
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
During the real exam does the clock stop for the 10 min breaks? Is the count down for the real exam start at 230 min or 250 min?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26792

• Marcela Mimica
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I too cannot find the option to extend my subscription. I confirm I did not receive any emails asking me whether I wanted to extend the license. I've opened a ticket through your Support system, but wanted to flag this here too.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26793

• Tawny Reetz-Davis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
when will the extensions be available mine expires in a few weeks and i need an extentionb - thank you

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26960

• Dawn Treharne-Esparza
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am unable to locate an email offering an extension to the Simulator. Could you please open a ticket for me?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 2 weeks ago #26975

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Regarding extensions for The PMP Exam Simulator:
- Extensions are only available for students who have previously had a full 90-day subscription
- Similarly, extensions are only available if you have not yet passed your PMP Exam. (We check all purchases against the PMI directory and will cancel/refund if you have passed your exam but still purchase and extension)
- The simulator will send you an emal 7 days before your subscription expires with a link to purchase
- The same email is sent out the day after it expires
- If you have not received either email, then please reach out to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and the team can assist you to buy an extension.
Until Next Time,

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 1 week ago #27110

• Michael
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
All,

I have recently purchased the PMP Prep exam simulator. I have been studying the PMBOK guide for quite some time. I am slightly frustrated with the PMP exam simulator in that the vast majority of questions seem to be on Agile which I have not studied. Is the PMP exam now agile based? Note, I have not ordered the Agile prep cast.

Regards

Mike

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 2 years 9 months ago #27705

• Srinidhi Bhargav
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is not it possible to puchase extension of prepcast simulator?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 2 years 9 months ago #27706

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Srinidhi... Yes. It is possible to purchase an extension: The simulator will automatically send you an email 7 days before it expires (and on the day after it expires) and this email contains a link for you to purchase the extension. If you did not receive this email... please write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Until Next Time,

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 2 years 3 months ago #28874

• Marcus Soori-Arachi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Cornelius,

I am logging in to the course for the first time today and watching the intro video, where you say access to the free quizzes and exams only lasts 90 days. Could you please refresh this for me since I am only now beginning to use the materials?

Best Regards
Last edit: by Marcus Soori-Arachi.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 2 years 3 months ago #28875

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Marcus,

The 90-day countdown only starts on the day when you actually log on and then take your first exam or quiz. Additionally, there is a big popup/warning and you have to click on "Yes, activate" in order to get it started. Only then does the clock actually start ticking, and - unless there is hardship or extenuating circumstances - we will not stop or reset that clock.

Please write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you would like further assistance with your 90-day access. They can then look at your account and give you personal feedback.
Until Next Time,

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2022 1 year 9 months ago #29559

• NITHINA JAMES
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Just needed to know the total number of questions in each knowledge areas for example, how many questions under resource management?, how many under stakeholder management? and so on..
hoping to get a reply soon
thanks and regards,
Nithina James

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 1 year 6 months ago #29850

• Kassidy Boyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I just purchased the PMP exam simulator. I recently completed the Week 3 on the study guide that covers the agile/scrum practices. However I don't see this section as an option for the quizzes. It is my understanding this is a large part of the exam, how do I practice and test myself on this knowledge.

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 1 year 4 months ago #30099

• Richa Jaiswal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi ,

May I know how much should I score on precast Exams to determine if I am ready to take the Main PMP exam ?

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 1 year 4 months ago #30100

• Richa Jaiswal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi ,

May I know if reading PMBOK 6 is still a good strategy to prepare for latest PMP exam or reading the Process Group Guide / PMBOK 7 and Agile Practice Guide are recommended over PMBOK6 ?

Also what is the score I should target for in Precast Exams to be able to be ready for the main exam ?

Thanks
Richa

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 1 year 1 month ago #30349

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Please read this article that explains the passing score of the PM Simulator: pmhelpdesk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles...e-PM-Exam-Simulator-
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

Q&A for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 1 year 1 month ago #30350

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Here's a separate thread where Cornelius discussed PMBOK for the PMP Exam: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...h-pmbok-for-pmp-exam
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login