fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Failed PMP

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25593

• Madhuri Varanasi
  • Madhuri Varanasi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

I failed PMP in my first attempt on Dec 23rd and it is very disappointing . I have few questions that need clarification. Can i post them here or is there any email id that i can post to since those are exam questions. Need help please. Also how can i improve my score and what is the material that i need to focus on for 2021 exam. Most of the questions in exam are similar to PM prepcast and i did not expect this result of mine as i was very confident with the answers

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25613

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Madhuri
Sorry to hear that you were not successful the first time... Never give up...passing can take a few tries... This exam can be tricky and I suggest that you take the opportunity the next time to learn from the first experience and prepare even more. You should have a report on the areas you need to do better at and that would be a first focus. Review those areas thoroughly and understand the content. Try to repeat the simulation questions and see how you score. The the key is not to score high but to understand the concepts and how they apply in the scenarios that the question is based on.

Good luck.

Regards

Chan

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25660

• Maechel De Celis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Mahuri,

Same here, I failed the exam but so far I was confident to my answer conisidering the score in Prepcast and test exams.
All the best to you, just keep going.

Regards,

Maechel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madhuri Varanasi

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25671

• Ronna Trent
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Madhuri-
I am sorry to hear of your results. But do keep trying. This is a beast of an exam but it can be cracked. I do agree with previous post that you start with your exam results and work on those areas that need improvement, not worry about the 'whole elephant' so to speak. I also did my prep with 20-30 quiz questions at a time in Learning Mode, reading the answers and their logic on every question. I found that it was the most easy way for me to learn in chunks of time that were not overwhelming. And the second benefit is that it helped me to learn the test and question logic. Let's be honest, this is as much about learning the exam as it is the material.
All in all I did over 1100 quiz questions, but about 60-70 questions per day in the last 3-4 weeks prior to test.
Do not give up! This will happen for you with some tweaked preparation.

Best wishes, ronna trent

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25689

• Vaibhav Singh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry to hear about the result Madhuri.
On the 23rd of Dec I also failed this exam for the second time but by the grace of god I cleared yesterday. The important thing is to analyse the results and see where are you lacking - is it the overall preparation or specific areas/processes. This can be seen from the Exam analysis section on PMI page highlighting your result as per the outline.
I know you can do this, and 23rd wasn't your day but I am sure you will achieve this in coming time because you must be crazy to put those three letters of PMP after your name.
Keep practicing the Prepcasts again and again to fill your knowledge gaps, despite worrying about the score.
Target at least 50 Questions everyday.
Be focused..!! Good luck for future.

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25697

• Duon Martin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Madhuri! Sorry to hear about your results. I failed my PMP Exam yesterday, DEC 28th at an Pearson Vue Testing Center. Did you take your exam from home? I keep hearing rumors that it appears that the test questions were not as long when testing from home....maybe 1 to 2 sentences. The questions that I was faced with were very long and I found myself struggling trying to figure out where I was at far as what domain, knowledge area, process group, etc... I feel really defeated. This is the first day that I'm actually talking about my failure to clear on the first attempt. I didn't feel that confident going into the exam because I was nervous, but I knew that I prepared for it, but it got the best of me yesterday. I'm not giving up, and I know you won't either. good luck on your future endeavors. I'm still debating if I want to give it another shot this year if there is a opportunity to do so. I've been thoroughly reviewing my analysis and using the exam simulator and reading all day. I guess I will see how I feel tomorrow

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25708

• Sharon S
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
When I checked two days ago there were no openings any more for the 2020 exam. But they said check every day because if someone cancels, an opening will come up.

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25863

• Madhuri Varanasi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thankyou

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25864

• Madhuri Varanasi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I took the exam from Pearson testing centre and yes the questions were lengthy . I need to prepare again for the new exam pattern

Failed PMP 3 years 3 months ago #25872

• Valderes Santos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys I've failed the exam on Dec 29 as well. I'm going to follow your advice here. Is anyone trying it again this month? I'm confused about how many questions we will have in the first time of the exam as now it has 180 questions instead of 200. My experience with the on-line Pearson test was terrible it took me 1:20 trying to delay to start the exam and the attendees most of the time were not replying to me promptly so I also had to skip the interval. I failed because I couldn't manage the time very well and the last 50 questions were replied to in desperation as I had only 20 mins to finish it.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login