fbpx

Reply: Expert Judgement: When to submit a C/R and when to just do as he says w/o a CR

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Expert Judgement: When to submit a C/R and when to just do as he says w/o a CR

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25576

Harry Elston

Sharon and Anon:

The short answer is, if a Subject Matter Expert provides expert advice that will alter one of the baselines (schedule, cost, scope), then a CR must be submitted and approved before following it.

Hope that helps,

Harry
3 years 3 months ago #25575

Anonymous

's Avatar

I am prepping to sit the exam in a few days and what I have learnt is that once the project management plans have not been approved, no change request is needed. If the project management plans have been approved, then you need a change request regardless of who is giving you the direction. Read this is a lot of the explanations PM Prep Cast gave if I got the question wrong.
3 years 3 months ago #25543

Sharon S

As I work through mock exams in prepcast I find that sometimes the correct answer when told what to do from a SME is just do it and sometimes it's submit a C/R. In general when do we just do what the SME says without a C/R and when would we need a C/R ?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login