fbpx

Reply: Brain dump

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Brain dump

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24829

Elizabeth Harrin

Sorry to hear that you failed, Mike. Will you take it again?
3 years 3 months ago #24794

Anonymous

's Avatar

I just took the test and failed.
In the USA it is electronic. So you are supplied a calculator, white board, highlighters, strike through, etc,through the testing software. So you could brain dump.
Hardly any formula questions. Just basic EV.
Best,
Mike
3 years 4 months ago #24638

Harleen Sharma

's Avatar

Thank you Harry. This is very helpful.
3 years 4 months ago #24631

Harry Elston

Harleen,

Given that (1) you're burning exam time during a brain dump and (2) you probably won't be given decent writing materials to do one, I really suggest forgoing it and not relying on it for the exam. With respect to the formulas, you WILL need to know the basic earned value formulas and know how to manipulate them. It will be more important, however, to UNDERSTAND the definitions of each term in the performance indicator formulates, not just memorize them.

Also, with respect to the formulas, my advice is to do about 100 earned value/project estimating math problems and you should be set. I think the PrepCast had such a handout, but I cannot remember.

Best,

Harry
3 years 4 months ago #24628

Harleen Sharma

Hi Javier, thanks for responding. When you say "fine tip white board", did you mean a marker? So you had to draw with a marker on the laminated paper? I know when you opt to take the exam from home, they allow you to make notes on a digital whiteboard.
3 years 4 months ago #24627

Harleen Sharma

I am confused. I have read everywhere that candidates should practice brain dumping. But if they don't give you anything to write with (as in a pen), then why does everyone advise that you should try brain dumping. Where does one write the formulas?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login