fbpx

Reply: when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 weeks 4 days ago #31205

Christine Whitney, PMP

If you sign up for PMI Study Hall (yes, something else to pay for), they include a Pearson Vue sample test. I think it is 30 questions, but you get to experience the precise software.

Christine
4 weeks 18 hours ago #31200

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hello,

As per PMI PMP exam guidelines and rules which re-enforced by PerasonVue, you are not allowed to use pen or paper during the at home online PMP exam. However, you will be provided with a whiteboard along with a calculator built-in to your online exam you can easily access. Since calculators aren't allowed, I will guess that a stylus pen will not be allowed either, but the best person to ask will be your protector before you start your exam. I will recommend: 1. Arrive on time and take the time to familiarize yourself on how to use the whiteboard I personally didn't feel the need to use it when I took my PMP exam, and 2. Avoid verbally asking protector questions during your PMP exam to avoid being flagged for talking. I hope this was helpful.

Best of luck!
4 weeks 18 hours ago #31199

Harry Elston

Joseph,

There will be a calculator available on the computer that performs basic arithmetic.

Harry
4 weeks 19 hours ago #31198

Joseph Harmon

's Avatar

Does the whiteboard has calculator? If no, how do we solve problems with calculation?

Regards
1 year 8 months ago #29583

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hello,

I know that pen and paper aren't allow when taking the PMP exam online. But I am not sure about the use of Stylus pen. You can ask the proctor for clarification and get their approval.
1 year 8 months ago #29581

Anonymous

's Avatar

How do i get the white board simulator page?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login