fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed?

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 3 years 5 months ago #24353

• Alan Merbaum
  • Alan Merbaum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I may have to take the exam from home online. I want to know if a calculator and paper / pencils will be allowed. My first exam at the testing center, they provided me a calculator and aa plastic pad and pen for using.

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 3 years 5 months ago #24354

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Alan,

No. You may not have anything whatsoever on your desk during an at-home exam. That includes pen, paper, water, calculator, etc.

You must use the on-screen whiteboard only to make notes.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 3 years 5 months ago #24355

• Nagaraj Bhusannavar, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,
They will not allow Pen & Paper. You will have online whiteboard you can use during exam.
home.pearsonvue.com/onvue/whiteboard

Thanks,
- Nagaraj
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Merbaum

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 3 years 5 months ago #24361

• Alan Merbaum
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you for this information. One of the other respondents directed me to a whiteboard simulator page which put me at ease! Cheers, Alan

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 3 years 5 months ago #24362

• Alan Merbaum
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you! I did go to the URL you indicated and was able to perform some basic tasks. this is very helpful and I will do some more practice sessions before taking the exam from home. Cheers, Alan

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 3 years 4 months ago #24996

• KP
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Will they allow a Stylus?

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 year 9 months ago #29580

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How to get the whiteboard simulator page?

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 year 9 months ago #29581

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How do i get the white board simulator page?

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 year 9 months ago #29583

• Jean Kwanda
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I know that pen and paper aren't allow when taking the PMP exam online. But I am not sure about the use of Stylus pen. You can ask the proctor for clarification and get their approval.

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 month 4 weeks ago #31198

• Joseph Harmon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does the whiteboard has calculator? If no, how do we solve problems with calculation?

Regards

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 month 4 weeks ago #31199

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Joseph,

There will be a calculator available on the computer that performs basic arithmetic.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 month 4 weeks ago #31200

• Jean Kwanda
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

As per PMI PMP exam guidelines and rules which re-enforced by PerasonVue, you are not allowed to use pen or paper during the at home online PMP exam. However, you will be provided with a whiteboard along with a calculator built-in to your online exam you can easily access. Since calculators aren't allowed, I will guess that a stylus pen will not be allowed either, but the best person to ask will be your protector before you start your exam. I will recommend: 1. Arrive on time and take the time to familiarize yourself on how to use the whiteboard I personally didn't feel the need to use it when I took my PMP exam, and 2. Avoid verbally asking protector questions during your PMP exam to avoid being flagged for talking. I hope this was helpful.

Best of luck!

when taking the exam from home is paper and pen allowed? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31205

• Christine Whitney, PMP
  • Thank you received: 4
If you sign up for PMI Study Hall (yes, something else to pay for), they include a Pearson Vue sample test. I think it is 30 questions, but you get to experience the precise software.

Christine
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login