fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Sequence of tasks in Close project

Sequence of tasks in Close project 3 years 5 months ago #24312

• Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP
  • Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am listing what I understand as the correct order of steps in the Close project process group. Please confirm.

1. Confirm customer acceptance of deliverables.
2. Create the Final report.
3. Update lessons learned register and add the register to the lessons learned repository. Update OPA.
4. Transfer the deliverables to the customer.
5. Measure stakeholder satisfaction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo Grasso
Last edit: by Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP.

Sequence of tasks in Close project 3 years 5 months ago #24322

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
I really don't think there's a prescribed order, but rather activities that need to be completed in a logical order. This would be ensuring administrative closure (e.g. reallocating resources and confirming acceptance of deliverables) of the project, completion of any contractual agreements (e.g. finalizing any remaining open claims),and other activities related to project closure (like you mentioned measuring stakeholder satisfaction, lessons learned, etc.).

Remember, the customer accepts the deliverables in Validate Scope, we confirm that acceptance in Close Project. But I would be less concerned with the order of these items and more concerned with understanding the required activities. Keep in mind that the Lessons Learned register would be updated throughout the phase and updating the OPAs would be one of the last logical steps.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login