fbpx

Reply: Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24059

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

I found the scenario description pretty similar to PMPrepCast—which sometimes also has some long questions, but I would not say they are ambiguous. I did not use Rita's exam simulator, so I can only refer to practice questions from her book, and I think questions in the real exam are much closer to the PMPrepCast than to Rita's.

I can't remember how long the questions were, but practicing with the PMPrepCast Exam Simulator was a great training for me, including time management.

Gabriella
3 years 5 months ago #24057

Pascal Wollny

Thank you Gabriella, that's really useful. How about the length of the scenarios/questions - is the real exam comparable to Prepcast in this regard or does it have more ambiguous questions with obsolete information/details (like Rita's practice questions in the book for instance)? Just don't want to be caught by surprise seeing much longer questions as it would also impact time management.
3 years 5 months ago #24055

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi everyone,

this is the link to the PMP Practice Exam from PMI: www.pmi.org/shop/p-/elearning/pmp®-practice-exam/16202
I cannot tell how close this is to the real exam, because it was not available at the time I took my PMP exam, so I prepared myself based on the PMPrepCast Exam Simulator; I also tried some free resources available online, but I would not recommend them, because I found the scenario description extremely vague and unclear, and poor to no explanation provided for the correct and wrong answers. In my opinion this is one of the most valuable tools in the PMPrepCast Simulator, which really helped me improve over time.
I found the wording and difficulty level of the PMP exam very close to the PMPrepCast, which was so reassuring to me on the day of the exam. I'm sure you will find many similar experienced shared in the Lessons Learned forum, probably including a comparison with the PMP Practice Exam from PMI—which you may find useful too.

Gabriella
3 years 5 months ago #24036

Pascal Wollny

I was going to post about the exact same topic. Can someone please advise how the wording, text length and difficulty level of Prepcast compare to the actual exam? Having done a couple of Prepcast ones, I feel like getting used to the style of the questions and there seem to be no questions with superfluous information which would make it harder to find the right answer (and that's what I thought is going to happen on the real exam).

Also, Antonios which free PMP exam are you referring to? I'm not aware of an official one provided by PMI for practice purposes.
3 years 5 months ago #24034

Anvesh Gandepally

am in the same situation as well
3 years 5 months ago #24028

Prashant Agrawal

Wondering , where do you get that exam ? Wondering if you could share the link.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login