fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24012

• ANTONIOS KARRAS
  • ANTONIOS KARRAS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody!
I'm preparing to take on the exam in the next two-three weeks. I am studuying intesively the last two months, 200 actual reading hours till now, read Rita's book and PMBOK twice, HF once, watched videos, took free tests, notes, flashcards etc.
I am feeling ready (but tired) and I am afraid that more study will be overstudy...
I ordered Prepcast Exam simulator to check my preparation and after three tests with good score (84%, 85%, 88%) I thought I was really ready.
So today, I moved on and took the PMP free practice exam as a final checkpoint. I'm dissappointed because my score was 69.5% and got a final report that the passing score is 80%.
I believe that the questions were more difficult than Prpecast. The wording was difficult too for an non-native English speaker. I think it's different mindshift.
It was not easy to eliminate choices from the answers and many of them seem correct. In Prepcast I believe it's very easy to eliminate the wrong answers and get the one that is the correct.
In Prepcast I always had time to review my answers but in the PMP free practice exam this was not the case, just 5 free mins at the end.
So what am I doing wrong? Am i ready or not?
Based on your experince should I get back and read more or continue with the Prepcast tests and the final exam? Are there any other practice exams (free or paid) to check my knowledge?
Thanks in advance for your answers
Last edit: by ANTONIOS KARRAS.

Anonymous 3 years 5 months ago #24013

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Antonios,
I faced similar experience. The questions in Free PMI exam are kinda vague and not meticulously written like those in PM Prepcast. I'd not get too worried about it.

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24022

• osamah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Me too I am in the same stage where I found out the PMP practice exam so hard.

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24028

• Prashant Agrawal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wondering , where do you get that exam ? Wondering if you could share the link.

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24034

• Anvesh Gandepally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
am in the same situation as well

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24036

• Pascal Wollny
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I was going to post about the exact same topic. Can someone please advise how the wording, text length and difficulty level of Prepcast compare to the actual exam? Having done a couple of Prepcast ones, I feel like getting used to the style of the questions and there seem to be no questions with superfluous information which would make it harder to find the right answer (and that's what I thought is going to happen on the real exam).

Also, Antonios which free PMP exam are you referring to? I'm not aware of an official one provided by PMI for practice purposes.

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24055

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi everyone,

this is the link to the PMP Practice Exam from PMI: www.pmi.org/shop/p-/elearning/pmp®-practice-exam/16202
I cannot tell how close this is to the real exam, because it was not available at the time I took my PMP exam, so I prepared myself based on the PMPrepCast Exam Simulator; I also tried some free resources available online, but I would not recommend them, because I found the scenario description extremely vague and unclear, and poor to no explanation provided for the correct and wrong answers. In my opinion this is one of the most valuable tools in the PMPrepCast Simulator, which really helped me improve over time.
I found the wording and difficulty level of the PMP exam very close to the PMPrepCast, which was so reassuring to me on the day of the exam. I'm sure you will find many similar experienced shared in the Lessons Learned forum, probably including a comparison with the PMP Practice Exam from PMI—which you may find useful too.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24057

• Pascal Wollny
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Gabriella, that's really useful. How about the length of the scenarios/questions - is the real exam comparable to Prepcast in this regard or does it have more ambiguous questions with obsolete information/details (like Rita's practice questions in the book for instance)? Just don't want to be caught by surprise seeing much longer questions as it would also impact time management.

Prepcast vs PMP practice exam difficulty 3 years 5 months ago #24059

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I found the scenario description pretty similar to PMPrepCast—which sometimes also has some long questions, but I would not say they are ambiguous. I did not use Rita's exam simulator, so I can only refer to practice questions from her book, and I think questions in the real exam are much closer to the PMPrepCast than to Rita's.

I can't remember how long the questions were, but practicing with the PMPrepCast Exam Simulator was a great training for me, including time management.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shelley Robinson
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login