fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How to Study / Prepare PMP Certification Exam for 2nd Attempt

How to Study / Prepare PMP Certification Exam for 2nd Attempt 3 years 6 months ago #23947

• Pandurang Chavan
  • Pandurang Chavan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

Please let me know how to study for 2nd attempt. share your experience and also explain the how difficult level questions ask in the 2nd attempt .
I Request you all those who appeared the 2nd attempt and passed . Please share your exam Study pattern so that it is helpful to me.

I have failed in three Groups , Initiating , Planning & Closing with Below Target and Executing and M & C Target.

I have purchased Prep Cast Simulation before appeared the 1st Attempt and now also studying the same.

Thanks in Advance
Last edit: by Pandurang Chavan.

How to Study / Prepare PMP Certification Exam for 2nd Attempt 3 years 6 months ago #23985

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Pandurang,

Sorry to hear that you failed in the first attempt. I think the first thing you can do is to identify the root cause of why you failed those three process groups. Ask yourself: Are there any particular concepts you struggled with? Any questions that surprised you during the exam? Could it be due to technical reasons (ex. reading the question wrong, timing, etc)?

With the root cause identified, the next step we could do is to tailor a plan to overcome those issues.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pandurang Chavan

How to Study / Prepare PMP Certification Exam for 2nd Attempt 3 years 6 months ago #23989

• Anonymous User GDPR DSAR #33
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Joe, is there a recommended average on the prepcast PMP practice exams where I should feel comfortable sitting for an exam? I'm consistently scoring at 70%

How to Study / Prepare PMP Certification Exam for 2nd Attempt 3 years 6 months ago #23990

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hello Joanna,

In the Prepcast SImulator, go to my statistics -> exam feedback. You will be able to see the probabilities of passing the PMP according to your practice exam scores.

If you are consistently scoring 70%, I think the probability of passing the actual exam is around 88%
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anonymous User GDPR DSAR #33
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login