fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Application tips

PMP Application tips 3 years 7 months ago #23579

• Ines Boucherit
  • Ines Boucherit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I am currently writing my application for the PMP exam and I have read conflicting information as if the below format is actually recommended to be used for the Project Description in the Experience section :
Project Description:
Role:
IN :
PL :
EX :
MC:
CL:
Outcome:

Could anyone advise, based on personal experience?
Also, I am currently working on a project that has been ongoing for a few years. I am wondering: What type of potential outcomes could be used in this case?

Thank you all in advance!

PMP Application tips 3 years 7 months ago #23604

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Inès,

I followed that structure in my application, which I submitted based on the previous format (where less characters were available for project description). I don't see any specific reasons to follow a different format, as I believe it is still important that you prove to have gained experience in all process groups, even though you are not required to have experience in all of them for each project you managed.

I also had some ongoing projects that I included in my application, for which I specified the expected project outcome as well as the key deliverables produced so far.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login