fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Question regarding title

Question regarding title 3 years 7 months ago #23009

• Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP
  • Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I was about to submit the PMP application. Then had a doubt. I am on a contract job. My title at the Consulting company (employer) is 'Senior Project Engineer'.

My job title at the client site for both projects is 'Project Lead'.

In the PMP application project description, I listed the title as 'Project Lead' (contract) and organization as the client company.

In the PMP profile, I have listed my position as 'Senior Project Engineer' at the consultancy company.

Is there any problem with this? I just want to confirm. Please let me know. Thank you.
Last edit: by Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP.

Question regarding title 3 years 7 months ago #23025

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Rahul,

I would recommend you to contact PMI and ask them what is the best way to proceed.
My opinion is that - as long as you can prove whatever you state in the application (in case you get audited) - you should be fine. However, I am not entitled to speak for PMI, and this is a specific question they should be able to help you solve.

Good luck with your application and exam!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Question regarding title 3 years 7 months ago #23036

• Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP
  • Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you, Gabriella. I put contractor in brackets for the title and my company is a consultancy. So, I believe it should be fine.

Also, I was told last month that PMI stopped conducting audit due to COVID-19 situation. Don't know if it changed.

Question regarding title 3 years 5 months ago #23826

• Smita
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So, was your application accepted? what is the right "Job Title" to put if you are a contractor working at client place?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login