fbpx

Reply: Risk Management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Risk Management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #23001

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hello Anne,

I fully agree with Elizabeth: I would also say that, having a long period of time before the risk might impact on the project objectives, it should denote a low proximity; i.e., the potential impact is far from you.

Just out of curiosity: the word proximity comes from the Latin word proximus, which means nearest. So you may want to think about it as: the nearest (in time) the impact is, the highest the risk proximity is.

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22986

Elizabeth Harrin

I would have said it was a low proximity, because there is a low proximity between today's date and the date the risk may impact the project i.e. a long time. I'm interested to hear others' views on this.
3 years 7 months ago #22983

Anne Chege

's Avatar

When a risk impact might take a long time to impact on the project objectives, is this a low proximity or high proximity? I found a question that indicated that this would be a high proximity, but I thought it is a low proximity, since it will take a long time. Please help me understand this.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login