fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Risk Management

Risk Management 3 years 8 months ago #22983

• Anne Chege
  • Anne Chege's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
When a risk impact might take a long time to impact on the project objectives, is this a low proximity or high proximity? I found a question that indicated that this would be a high proximity, but I thought it is a low proximity, since it will take a long time. Please help me understand this.

Risk Management 3 years 8 months ago #22986

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
I would have said it was a low proximity, because there is a low proximity between today's date and the date the risk may impact the project i.e. a long time. I'm interested to hear others' views on this.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Risk Management 3 years 8 months ago #23001

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hello Anne,

I fully agree with Elizabeth: I would also say that, having a long period of time before the risk might impact on the project objectives, it should denote a low proximity; i.e., the potential impact is far from you.

Just out of curiosity: the word proximity comes from the Latin word proximus, which means nearest. So you may want to think about it as: the nearest (in time) the impact is, the highest the risk proximity is.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login