Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Risk Management

Risk Management 4 weeks 1 day ago #22983

• Anne Chege
  • Anne Chege's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
When a risk impact might take a long time to impact on the project objectives, is this a low proximity or high proximity? I found a question that indicated that this would be a high proximity, but I thought it is a low proximity, since it will take a long time. Please help me understand this.

Risk Management 4 weeks 1 day ago #22986

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
I would have said it was a low proximity, because there is a low proximity between today's date and the date the risk may impact the project i.e. a long time. I'm interested to hear others' views on this.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Risk Management 4 weeks 21 hours ago #23001

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
Hello Anne,

I fully agree with Elizabeth: I would also say that, having a long period of time before the risk might impact on the project objectives, it should denote a low proximity; i.e., the potential impact is far from you.

Just out of curiosity: the word proximity comes from the Latin word proximus, which means nearest. So you may want to think about it as: the nearest (in time) the impact is, the highest the risk proximity is.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login