fbpx

Reply: quality control measurements VS quality metrics

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : quality control measurements VS quality metrics

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 6 months ago #28251

Elizabeth Harrin

Hi Sarah. I've removed the question from your post, as per the forum policy. Feel free to share it again with the required information/noting you have permission to do so. Or perhaps you could explain what you are struggling with a different way?
2 years 6 months ago #28250

Sarah Ghazi

's Avatar

Hello
Hope all is great on your end,
This is Sarah a MA student and at the moment I have a very tricky question I can't understand regarding the quality metrics.
I am lost in the answer wether to use KPI or use one of the common methods such as Burndown Chart, cumulative flow?!!
I would appreciate your help here

Thank you
Sarah
3 years 7 months ago #22948

Mahdi Seify

Thanks so much all
I think now it is clear.
Thanks
3 years 7 months ago #22943

Harry Elston

Mahdi,

Let me try to explain this simply and outside the PMBOK:

A Quality Control METRIC is "what you are measuring" and the tolerance allowed in the measurement. The METRIC should (must?) be specified in the Project Plan under product specifications.
A Quality Control MEASUREMENT is the actual measurement. A MEASUREMENT Is recorded in product production.

Example.

A manufacturer has to produce a widget that is 5.0 cm long with a tolerance of 0.1 cm. The METRIC is length measurement of 5.0 cm +/- 0.1 cm. That is, any widget that measures between 4.9 and 5.1 cm is acceptable.

Bob then takes the 5th widget produced by the manufacturer and uses a vernier caliper to actually measure the length. It measures 5.01 cm. That is the QC MEASUREMENT. It is recorded and the widget is judged acceptable.

Hope that helps.

Harry
3 years 7 months ago #22942

Devin

Quality control measurements (PMBOK, pg. 291), can either be: "Quality control measurements are used to analyze and evaluate the quality of the processes and deliverables of the project against the standards of the performing organization or the requirements specified. Quality control measurements can also compare the processes used to create the measurements and validate actual measurements to determine their level of correctness."

No, the quality control measurements is not the process. They are actually a project document (PMBOK, pg. 89).

Control quality and manage quality processes is the where we iteratively capture, refine, compare and verify quality measurements.
3 years 7 months ago #22941

Mahdi Seify

Thanks let me correct my last question in this way

Metrics are the defined measurement criteria and with their acceptance range
but quality control measurements is the process of analyzing and interpreting the quality test and metric results.

Am I right?
Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login