fbpx

Reply: Indeed a Quality Control issue?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Indeed a Quality Control issue?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22828

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Vivek,

based on the scenario described, my understanding is that you as PM do not actually know which (if any) quality control activities the team missed.
What you do know is that the PM recognises the team to be under pressure and stressed because of the hard deadline to be met, so he/she is concerned about potential implications on the quality control procedures. The PM still has no evidence that this is what actually happened. To determine whether the quality control process and related procedures have been carried out appropriately, you need to conduct an audit.
At the same time, there is no evidence from the scenario that this has been previously identified as a risk, and a risk response was planned, which would have called for a risk review, to check whether the risk response has been successfully implemented.

As for the issue log, while not an option provided, I would have not selected it either, because you don't know if there is any issue with the quality control procedures until you perform the audit. So far it is just the PM concern. At least, this is my understanding from the scenario description.

Hope this helps,

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22819

Owais Alsharif

I think D should be the most appropriate response (among the other answers), at the first glance, I thought A could be the response, then I noticed that it talks about risk review, which aims to review the risk traking and resolution not to assess and identify the risk, which makes it wrong, i would think of update issue log (not an option), therefore, the best answer would be to perform an audit (voluntarily) to resolve this issue.
this is my analysis to the case.
3 years 7 months ago #22815

Vivek Sharma

Please refer the attachment for the question and explanation. This question is from Prepcast simulator
It is clear from the question that the Quality Control activities have already been missed and what is not clear is that the reason behind it – Probably stress, but not sure.
Now Look at the explanation of D. It is still talking about performing audit for Quality Control. Why we need to perform the audit to establish whether the Quality Control activities were missed or not, when it is clear from the question that the Quality Control activities were indeed missed (as mentioned what is not clear is whether the stress is the reason or not)
If the answer has to be D, then IMO this is a poorly phrased question.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login