fbpx

Reply: Change Management Process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Change Management Process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22579

Mohammad Farhan Madhwala

Thanks That clears mine doubt.
3 years 7 months ago #22571

Vivek Sharma

Bottom Line: Change request (CR) creation/submission/generation/<verb>ion :) is the birth of CR. Any work related to CR , including impact analysis, is done afterwards. CR submission though is not part of Perform Integrated Change Control process.
3 years 7 months ago #22561

John Fagan

I think about it this way. First someone or something (PM, Stakeholder, Risk Response, etc) requires a change. That is the first step.

Next, you, as the Project Manager, need to look at how this will impact the project. When you submit the Change Request, the CCB or other stakeholders are going to want to know the impact to the project.

After you know the impact, then it is ready to be submitted to the CCB. At the CCB, they are going to use your impact analysis to assist in making a decision.

Summary:

1. Change is identified
2. Impact Analysis or Assessment
3. Submit CR to CCB
3 years 7 months ago #22559

Mohammad Farhan Madhwala

Hi All - I am planning to appear for my online exam next week, one logic is still not clear. Can someone please clarify - When a change is requested, what needs to be done first 1. Submit the change request or 2. Evaluate the impact of change on other project constraints.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login