fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Change Management Process

Change Management Process 3 years 7 months ago #22559

• Mohammad Farhan Madhwala
  • Mohammad Farhan Madhwala's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All - I am planning to appear for my online exam next week, one logic is still not clear. Can someone please clarify - When a change is requested, what needs to be done first 1. Submit the change request or 2. Evaluate the impact of change on other project constraints.

Change Management Process 3 years 7 months ago #22561

• John Fagan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I think about it this way. First someone or something (PM, Stakeholder, Risk Response, etc) requires a change. That is the first step.

Next, you, as the Project Manager, need to look at how this will impact the project. When you submit the Change Request, the CCB or other stakeholders are going to want to know the impact to the project.

After you know the impact, then it is ready to be submitted to the CCB. At the CCB, they are going to use your impact analysis to assist in making a decision.

Summary:

1. Change is identified
2. Impact Analysis or Assessment
3. Submit CR to CCB

Change Management Process 3 years 7 months ago #22571

• Vivek Sharma
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Bottom Line: Change request (CR) creation/submission/generation/<verb>ion :) is the birth of CR. Any work related to CR , including impact analysis, is done afterwards. CR submission though is not part of Perform Integrated Change Control process.
Last edit: by Vivek Sharma.

Change Management Process 3 years 7 months ago #22579

• Mohammad Farhan Madhwala
  • Mohammad Farhan Madhwala's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks That clears mine doubt.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login