Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Those who used Home Testing Option- Please share your experiences

Those who used Home Testing Option- Please share your experiences 2 months 3 days ago #18456

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
Those who took the exam at home, please share your experience. What did you have to do before the exam to make sure your computer/set up was compatible and ready. Were you able to use scratch paper for brain dump? I assume you couldn't step out for bathroom or any breaks.

And what was it like to take the exam?
Thank you in advance,
A

Those who used Home Testing Option- Please share your experiences 3 weeks 3 days ago #18759

• Ricardo Vivanco
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
hi, read my post here ( www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...i-acp-exam-from-home )

i highly recommend, whenever is possible to DO NOT TAKE THE EXAM FROM HOME. is very confortable but the headache you likely face if your computer has a software that makes the exam stop working is high!

if possible take is on a physical exam center.
This exam program from PEARSON VUE is very tricky and can detect any "normal" process on you pc (i.e. VIRUS alert or other apps you have installed that can pop up a message).

I have to escalate the issue with PMI and after almost a week they replied positively but i have to delay my exam for 1 more week!! imagine waiting all of that time, i was stressed.

think pretty well about it, if something goes wrong prepare to fight!

regards,
Ricardo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xiao Fei Ou
Last edit: by Ricardo Vivanco.

Those who used Home Testing Option- Please share your experiences 3 weeks 3 days ago #18765

• John Taylor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I took the Exam from home yesterday. I found the process pretty straightforward but you definitely have to do the pre-test with your computer beforehand and make sure that your work station fits the guidelines properly. The camera is always recording you and if your face leaves the camera screen even for a second , a chat window opens and someone starts talking to you. At one point I had my hand on my chin and somebody asked me not to touch my face as it blocked their view of my face. When I completed the test I immediately got a screen that said congratulations you have passed and then I was asked if I wanted to take a survey afterwards. My score was not presented to me on screen but I was able to log into the proctor website and get the results. One thing I found stressful was during the check in when I was asked to provide a phone number and then I had to wait about eight minutes before someone contacted me.It would’ve been nice if there was some sort of confirmation on the screen to say that somebody will be joining you shortly or something like that. Overall I was happy with the experience but I would probably recommend going to the proctored centre if you can opposed to doing it from home as there were extra stressors related to doing it at home than at the centre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xiao Fei Ou
Last edit: by John Taylor.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login