fbpx

Reply: What worked best?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What worked best?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16653

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Theresa,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here with us.
5 years 1 month ago #16645

Theresa

's Avatar

I just passed with Above Target in all domain areas, first try. I found the Head First Agile (Stellman/Greene) book to be a great refresher on the topics that are important to know, and their mock exam is more challenging than the actual questions, in my observation. Andy Crowe's PMI-ACP Exam prep book was also helpful, a "no fluff" easy read organized along the lines of the domain areas, and includes challenging mock exams (I used "Iteration 2" because that is all my public library had on the shelves- I see there is an Iteration 3 version out now which should be even better). Practice deciphering the scenarios- exam traps include four truthful choices but only one is the VERY best for the specific scenario posed in that particular question. Knowing the roles and appropriate corresponding ownership/action is helpful to break ties. Favor long-term/holistic beneficial outcomes, empowered teams, and agility applied in ways beyond textbook models. PrepCast's brain-dump-download sheet was good for review. Good Luck!
5 years 2 months ago #16338

Paul Akerlind

Hello all, I have started to dive into the course material on the prepcast. As I move through the lessons I find I am spending a great amount of time note taking etc. At this rate I might be studying for quite a bit. I would be curious on what worked for some of you as you took the journey leading to the exam. I know the Prepcast shares valuable knowledge and tips etc. I was just curious on other ideas out there.

Paul

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login