fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: What worked best?

What worked best? 5 years 3 months ago #16338

• Paul Akerlind
  • Paul Akerlind's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all, I have started to dive into the course material on the prepcast. As I move through the lessons I find I am spending a great amount of time note taking etc. At this rate I might be studying for quite a bit. I would be curious on what worked for some of you as you took the journey leading to the exam. I know the Prepcast shares valuable knowledge and tips etc. I was just curious on other ideas out there.

Paul

What worked best? 5 years 1 month ago #16645

• Theresa
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just passed with Above Target in all domain areas, first try. I found the Head First Agile (Stellman/Greene) book to be a great refresher on the topics that are important to know, and their mock exam is more challenging than the actual questions, in my observation. Andy Crowe's PMI-ACP Exam prep book was also helpful, a "no fluff" easy read organized along the lines of the domain areas, and includes challenging mock exams (I used "Iteration 2" because that is all my public library had on the shelves- I see there is an Iteration 3 version out now which should be even better). Practice deciphering the scenarios- exam traps include four truthful choices but only one is the VERY best for the specific scenario posed in that particular question. Knowing the roles and appropriate corresponding ownership/action is helpful to break ties. Favor long-term/holistic beneficial outcomes, empowered teams, and agility applied in ways beyond textbook models. PrepCast's brain-dump-download sheet was good for review. Good Luck!

What worked best? 5 years 1 month ago #16653

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Theresa,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here with us.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login