fbpx

Reply: Changes to Sprint Backlog

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Changes to Sprint Backlog

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19466

Bankim

Hi All,

Please see this link: www.barryovereem.com/myth-2-the-sprint-b...e-during-the-sprint/

A Sprint Backlog is flexible, as long as changes do not distract from the focus on the Sprint Goal.

Regards,

Bankim
4 years 3 months ago #19465

Corneliu Holban

Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage
Like anything else in PMI land....its all about the wording - form all the practice exams i took - in general you should accept if PO decides super high value item BUT he needs to remove a story of similar size from current sprint
4 years 3 months ago #19461

Michael Wittenburg

This is also my understanding ... but I hear from Certified Scrum People that they would change it in view of flexibility.
Your answer has been my original answer ... but I have found nowhever a confirmation.
4 years 3 months ago #19460

Bankim

Hi Michael,

As far as I understand, the current sprint backlog cannot not be modified.

If an extremely important user story has been identified, PO can either cancel the current sprint and start a new sprint with the important user story included in it or wait for the next sprint to add the
user story to the sprint backlog.

I apologize if this is incorrect.

Regards,

Bankim
4 years 3 months ago #19457

Michael Wittenburg

I understand that the agreed sprint backlog is like a contract between the product owner and the delivery team and is normally not altered and cancelled only in extreme events.

My question is the following:

The sprint has been kicked-off and the development team has started working on the user stories.

Let's assume there is a storry which was not foreseen (as it was not known) for the current sprint but is of high value (e.g. could get rid of a high risk) and could be easily accomodated.

Should the sprint backlog be altered and this story be added to demonstrate "responding to change over following a plan" or should it be put in the backlog of the next sprint ...

I am tempted to say add it, as it is easy, does not jeopardize the objective of the sprint and demonstrates and agile mindset ...

But I am not sure. Any thoughts?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login