fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: What is the difference in Affinity Estimating and Relative Mass Valuation

What is the difference in Affinity Estimating and Relative Mass Valuation 6 years 2 months ago #13129

• Nidhi Kohli
  • Nidhi Kohli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Relative mass valuation : Ref: www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles...stimation-techniques

Are they two names of the same technique? If not, then can anyone provide differences and preferably a sample question where we need to pick one out of these two and what would be the correct answer.

What is the difference in Affinity Estimating and Relative Mass Valuation 6 years 2 months ago #13141

• Eduardo Enriquez
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Nidhi. I used Mike Griffiths' book, PMI-ACP Exam Prep, Second Edition, to study for the exam. Chapter 5 Adaptive Planning, starting at page 276, discusses estimation and techniques, one of them being Affinity Estimation.

The book doesn't discuss Relative Mass Valuation (RMV), so it would probably be a good idea not spending any time on it. I'd stick to studying the estimation items discussed in Chapter 5. Also, I know exam questions will certainly vary from candidate to candidate, but I wasn't presented with anything related to RMV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nidhi Kohli
Last edit: by Eduardo Enriquez.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasJohn Paul BugarinSameer Menda

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login