fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently?

Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently? 2 years 10 months ago #27547

• Sinthya Chowdhury
  • Sinthya  Chowdhury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My PMI-ACP exam is scheduled for coming Saturday and I am having second thoughts re: cancelling the online-proctored exam and re-schedule for an in person one. I have been hearing horror stories like if you do as much as rolling your eyes sideways- the proctor will cancel your exam. Will really appreciate if someone can share their experience.

Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently? 2 years 10 months ago #27585

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi Sinthya
Sorry I didn't see this before. What did you decide to do? There are plenty of stories on the forum from people who have had good and bad experiences of the proctor - from what I take from that, going the proctored route seems more nerve-inducing, but many people get through it just fine.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently? 2 years 10 months ago #27602

• Sinthya Chowdhury
  • Sinthya  Chowdhury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
After watching a few you tube videos on what to expect during the exam time and considering the hassle of cancelling and rescheduling - I decided to keep this Saturday's online proctored exam. Keeping my fingers crossed for it to work out well. At the same time embracing the idea that things can go sideways and preparing for that as well. I will share my experience (hoping it to be a really good one) post my exam.

Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently? 2 years 10 months ago #27616

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I hope it went well today!
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently? 2 years 10 months ago #27617

• Sinthya chowdhury
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It went really smooth. All in all registration process took 10 mins or so. The proctor released the exam 10-15 min earlier than scheduled.
I cleared the exam - AT in all domains. Answer choices for The questions were really confusing - but questions were very similar to the prepcast simulator. Thanks to you all.

Anyone taken the Online Proctored PMI -ACP Exam recently? 2 years 10 months ago #27621

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
That's such great news, congratulations!
---
Elizabeth Harrin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinthya Chowdhury

Dis l pass? 2 years 7 months ago #28114

• Ruchi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So I appeared for my PMI ACP exam today via online mode and I had horrible experience.
First I had some application running in background which did not let the exam load.
It took me 2 hrs to get that unblocked.
Nevertheless, I requested pearson vue to give me next available slot same day and got that.

I completed my exam almost full, while reviewing last few questions, I did mumble and it was purely unintentional, I did not even realise it until proctor messaged me they are revoking my exam.

I did receive the score card though which says I PASSED- Above Target. but they created case and when I called to clarify on case they said- it is now upto PMI what do they do.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

Dis l pass? 2 years 7 months ago #28147

• LT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Ruchi, did you get an answer from PMI?

I'm having a similar experience, from a technical issue to rescheduled for the next day, and the On Vue guy revoked my exam when I was completing 95/120 questions. I received an email about the Pearson Vue case and an email about the score which showed I pass the exam. Couple hours later I saw the PMI-ACP certificate in my profile, I saved my certificate to the desktop just in case. What should I do? Did I pass?

Dis l pass? 1 year 11 months ago #29409

• Nicholas Croglio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am confused by what you got in trouble for doing? You mumbled?

[email protected] 1 year 9 months ago #29568

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
YES, I have faced horror experience with online exam even if you will read your question a bit loud - Mr. Proctor will say => who is there with you in room; If you will use tissue, proctor will say - is that handkerchief, you are not allowed; If you will just roll up your hand & by chance it comes in front of camera for 1 sec - Mr Proctor will say - why are you covering camera -- AND HE WILL CLOSE YOUR EXAM RIGHT THERE without giving you a single chance of listening to you and he won't call as they claim, he will leave a message on chat window & will revoke your exam..
Online exams are just exploiting's common masses & looting there money AND they won't refund nor they will reschedule, you are OVER... Take care

[email protected] 1 year 9 months ago #29569

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There are thousands such cases & Pearson won't listen to you, neither they will refund nor they will reschedule.. keep trying calling Pearson helpdesk & emailing them OR open case in consumer court.. that may help at last..
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasJohn Paul BugarinSameer Menda

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login