fbpx

Reply: Benefits of renewing the PMP Certification

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Benefits of renewing the PMP Certification

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #12912

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello DR,

The PMP certification is not for life. Just like other licenses or certifications it expires after a certain time, and you have to renew it. There are two basic requirements for PMP renewal: You have to earn 60 PDUs and you have to pay the renewal fee. In order to decide if you want to renew, simply answer the following question:

Do you want to continue calling yourself a PMP?
  • No, I don't want to be a PMP any longer >> Do not renew. However, this means you will completely lose your certification and will have to retake the exam again if you change your mind.
  • Yes, I want to continue to be a PMP >> Renew.

So you see, it's really that simple: If you do not renew you can no longer call yourself a PMP.
6 years 2 months ago #12892

DR

's Avatar

Hello,

I have just completed my PDU cycle and about to renew the PMP Certification. This is the first time I'm renewing it. Since I'm not a PMI member, I have to pay $150.

Can someone please explain me what are the benefits I get as a professional by renewing this?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login