TOPIC: Benefits of renewing the PMP Certification

Benefits of renewing the PMP Certification 2 years 8 months ago #12892

• DR
  • DR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I have just completed my PDU cycle and about to renew the PMP Certification. This is the first time I'm renewing it. Since I'm not a PMI member, I have to pay $150.

Can someone please explain me what are the benefits I get as a professional by renewing this?

Benefits of renewing the PMP Certification 2 years 7 months ago #12912

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 336
Hello DR,

The PMP certification is not for life. Just like other licenses or certifications it expires after a certain time, and you have to renew it. There are two basic requirements for PMP renewal: You have to earn 60 PDUs and you have to pay the renewal fee. In order to decide if you want to renew, simply answer the following question:

Do you want to continue calling yourself a PMP?
  • No, I don't want to be a PMP any longer >> Do not renew. However, this means you will completely lose your certification and will have to retake the exam again if you change your mind.
  • Yes, I want to continue to be a PMP >> Renew.

So you see, it's really that simple: If you do not renew you can no longer call yourself a PMP.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinEmily Rivera, PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinWillis DonelsonSarah FucciFelix Kamanga, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login