TOPIC: Claiming PDU for Teaching

Claiming PDU for Teaching 2 years 1 month ago #12328

• Muhammad Javed Iqbal
  • Muhammad Javed Iqbal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am teaching Project Quality Management to MS class [ 45 hours full semester course ] here in Bahria University Islamabad, Pakistan. Course comprise of Quality, Project and Project Quality contents. I have following questions:-
- How I can I claim PDUs
- How much out of 45 hours, I can claim ?
- What will be required documents to prove the claim in case of Audit.

Thanks and Regards
Muhammad Javed Iqbal

Claiming PDU for Teaching 2 years 1 month ago #12349

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 294
Hello Muhammad

This is explained in PMI's CCR Handbook which you can find at www.pm-prepcast.com/ccrshb

You will see on page 14 that 'teaching' is specifically listed as one of the "Giving Back" activities. Each hour that you spend teaching qualifies for 1 PDU, up to a maximum of 25 hours (see page 7 for maximum).

This means, that if all 45 hours of your teaching are relevant to project management then you can claim 25 PDUs in this category. If fewer than 25 hours are relevant to project management then you should only claim as many as are appropriate.

PMI says: "Documentation for audit: Evidence supporting your coaching or mentoring arrangement, including notes from and dates of discussions and activities. " So keep a copy of the class syllabus and calendar showing when you taught.

All PDUs are claimed only at ccrs.pmi.org
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinEmily RiveraHarry ElstonMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on December 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...