fbpx

Reply: Claiming PDU for Teaching

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Claiming PDU for Teaching

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #20118

Harry Elston

Anon:

The Certification Maintenance Handbook is available for free from PMI: www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...df-919b-c071b24accd7

None of us here can speak for PMI regarding your specific question. However, I can answer it from my personal perspective as one who has multiple professional certifications that require maintenance:

If your 35 hrs/month is part of your regular job, you will be limited to 8 hours of "Practicing in the Field" credit per CM cycle. If you are teaching the same 35 hours per month, you will be limited to how much you spent on developing the content up to the area maximum listed in the CM Handbook.

My advice: First contact PMI with your question, in writing for a definitive answer and get their answer in writing. Second, whenever a professional organization requires self-reported certification maintenance activities, claim the fewest possible of hours commensurate with the task.

Hope that helps,

Harry
4 years 1 month ago #20117

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello sir,
I provide 35 hours training monthly and have been doing since last 2 years. How many hours and how can I claim , please guide?
6 years 4 months ago #12349

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Muhammad

This is explained in PMI's CCR Handbook which you can find at www.pm-prepcast.com/ccrshb

You will see on page 14 that 'teaching' is specifically listed as one of the "Giving Back" activities. Each hour that you spend teaching qualifies for 1 PDU, up to a maximum of 25 hours (see page 7 for maximum).

This means, that if all 45 hours of your teaching are relevant to project management then you can claim 25 PDUs in this category. If fewer than 25 hours are relevant to project management then you should only claim as many as are appropriate.

PMI says: "Documentation for audit: Evidence supporting your coaching or mentoring arrangement, including notes from and dates of discussions and activities. " So keep a copy of the class syllabus and calendar showing when you taught.

All PDUs are claimed only at ccrs.pmi.org
6 years 4 months ago #12328

Muhammad Javed Iqbal

's Avatar

I am teaching Project Quality Management to MS class [ 45 hours full semester course ] here in Bahria University Islamabad, Pakistan. Course comprise of Quality, Project and Project Quality contents. I have following questions:-
- How I can I claim PDUs
- How much out of 45 hours, I can claim ?
- What will be required documents to prove the claim in case of Audit.

Thanks and Regards
Muhammad Javed Iqbal

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login