fbpx

Reply: pmp certification renewal pdu's

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : pmp certification renewal pdu's

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5593

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Kshitij,

Just one small correction to what Steve has already said. The "better" URL to learn more about earning 30 free PDUs from The PM Podcast is this here:

www.pm-podcast.com/pdu

This is the page where we explain everything about how to get the 30 PDUs quickly.

Also... if you are thinking about becoming PMI-ACP certified, then give The Agile PrepCast a try. It prepares you for the exam and gives you 37 PDUs: www.agileprepcast.com/pdu
8 years 10 months ago #5589

Steve Sandoval

Hi Kshitij,

It will take some effort to get 45 PDUs that quickly, but it can be done. I would recommend that you look into a mix of Category A, C, and F PDUs. I'll explain a bit about each category below.

Category A PDUs are typically earned by taking courses from PMI Registered Education Providers. There is no limit on the number of Category A PDUs that you can earn per cycle. OSP International offers a paid product called the PDU Podcast which qualifies for this category. You can learn more at the link provided.

Category C PDUs are Self-Directed Learning. You earn PDUs in this category by learning on your own -- such as reading a PM-related book, listening to a podcast, etc. There is a limit on Category C PDUs of no more than 30 per certification cycle. OSP International has the PM Podcast which qualifies as Catgegory C. The PM Podcast offers a free version where you can access the last 10 episodes, as well as paid versions. You can learn more at the link provided.

Category F PDUs are earned by working as a professional project manager. If you work full time as a PM, you can claim 5 PDUs for each full 12 months of work since you earned your certification (or last renewed it), with a maximum of 15 Category F PDUs allowed.

I encourage you to review the PMP Handbook, available through PMI's website. It fully defines each of the PDU categories and what is allowed. A mixture of the different types will probably work best for you. Good luck!

PS - Later this fall, the PDU rules and requirements are changing. If you only have two months left to go it shouldn't affect you this time, but I encourage you to read about it so that you're prepared next time around!
8 years 11 months ago #5561

Kshitij

's Avatar

Hi,

When I did my PMP, I got my pre requisite PDU's from you. Now time to renew is few months away and I need 45 more pdu's to renew.
Do you have anything that I can cober in 2 months and get 45 pdu's.

Thanks,
Kshitij

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login