Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: pmp certification renewal pdu's

pmp certification renewal pdu's 1 year 5 months ago #5561

• Kshitij

When I did my PMP, I got my pre requisite PDU's from you. Now time to renew is few months away and I need 45 more pdu's to renew.
Do you have anything that I can cober in 2 months and get 45 pdu's.

pmp certification renewal pdu's 1 year 5 months ago #5589

• Steve Sandoval
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Kshitij,

It will take some effort to get 45 PDUs that quickly, but it can be done. I would recommend that you look into a mix of Category A, C, and F PDUs. I'll explain a bit about each category below.

Category A PDUs are typically earned by taking courses from PMI Registered Education Providers. There is no limit on the number of Category A PDUs that you can earn per cycle. OSP International offers a paid product called the PDU Podcast which qualifies for this category. You can learn more at the link provided.

Category C PDUs are Self-Directed Learning. You earn PDUs in this category by learning on your own -- such as reading a PM-related book, listening to a podcast, etc. There is a limit on Category C PDUs of no more than 30 per certification cycle. OSP International has the PM Podcast which qualifies as Catgegory C. The PM Podcast offers a free version where you can access the last 10 episodes, as well as paid versions. You can learn more at the link provided.

Category F PDUs are earned by working as a professional project manager. If you work full time as a PM, you can claim 5 PDUs for each full 12 months of work since you earned your certification (or last renewed it), with a maximum of 15 Category F PDUs allowed.

I encourage you to review the PMP Handbook, available through PMI's website. It fully defines each of the PDU categories and what is allowed. A mixture of the different types will probably work best for you. Good luck!

PS - Later this fall, the PDU rules and requirements are changing. If you only have two months left to go it shouldn't affect you this time, but I encourage you to read about it so that you're prepared next time around!
Steve Sandoval, PMP
Community Moderator

pmp certification renewal pdu's 1 year 5 months ago #5593

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • PrepCast Instructor
  • Thank you received: 154
Hello Kshitij,

Just one small correction to what Steve has already said. The "better" URL to learn more about earning 30 free PDUs from The PM Podcast is this here:

This is the page where we explain everything about how to get the 30 PDUs quickly.

Also... if you are thinking about becoming PMI-ACP certified, then give The Agile PrepCast a try. It prepares you for the exam and gives you 37 PDUs: www.agileprepcast.com/pdu
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Michael DeCicco, Mary Kathrine Padua, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP