fbpx

Reply: PMP Renewal before the end of the 3-year-cycle

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Renewal before the end of the 3-year-cycle

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28873

Cornelius Fichtner

Jerry,

PDUs are applied to the cycle during which they were earned. In other words, any PDUs you earn today must be applied to the current cycle. You cannot "build up" a PDU reserve and then apply then in the future. The only exception are 20 PDUs that can roll over from the current cycle to the next.

That much said, let's see if you can get those 20 PDUs to roll over. Let's just make sure that I get the facts right here:
- Your current cycle ENDS in May 2022 and you now have 60 PDUs.
- This means you are currently in the third year of your current cycle
- Additionally, you just took another class and earned PDUs (also during the third year of your current cycle)

If this is correct then you should do the following:
- Input all PDUs you just earned into the PMI CCR online system (just like you would any other PDU)
- The system will then automatically detect the following:
--- You already have 60 PDUs, which is enough for the current cycle
--- But you just earned 20 (or more) PDUs during the third year of the current cycle
--- That means, 20 PDUs will now roll over to your next cycle

I hope that makes sense? The good news is that while you cannot "save up" your PDUs, it looks like 20 will roll over.
2 years 3 months ago #28855

Jerry Farley

's Avatar

I recently took a PMP renewal course that satisfied the remaining PDUs that I needed for my next 3 year cycle, which begins in May, 2022. However, I just discovered that my employer also utilizes a PMP renewal program. I took that course as well, even though I've already satisfied my PDUs for the upcoming cycle. Can I apply the PDU's from this second PMP renewal program towards the next renewal cycle, which would be around 2025?
2 years 6 months ago #28267

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello Cornelius,
I earn 60 PDUs before the end of 3 year cycle. Just wondering if I have to wait till new cycle starts to earn new PDUs or I can do it now.
Look forward to your advice.
Thanks.
2 years 6 months ago #28266

Anonymous

's Avatar

I fulfil mine before 3 year period and I renew now. I am not sure what to do next. Should I start reporting new PDUs now? Or I should wait till it's start new 3 year period.
Can you advise.
2 years 6 months ago #28256

Cornelius Fichtner

Jing,

It is hard to say without seeing what exactly your dashboard actually shows. Would you mind sharing a screen shot here in the forum? (But use an image editing software to remove any personal data from the screen shot before you upload it...)
2 years 6 months ago #28252

Jing

's Avatar

I renew before the end of cycle, however the PDUs is still shown as 60 PDUs. Is this expected to shown like this?
How do I know the new PDUs I earn for new cycle? Or it will take time to update on the dashboard? Kindly advise.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login