fbpx

TOPIC: PMI-PBA

PMI-PBA 9 years 6 months ago #4693

• Marc Abramowitz
  • Marc Abramowitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A lot of the new PMI-PBA is consistent with agile methodologies. How much of the Agile Prepcast would you estimate would qualify as contact hours for PMI-PBA?

PMI-PBA 9 years 6 months ago #4701

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Marc,

I cannot say at this time. However... I'm going to the PMI Global Congress in Phoenix in a couple of days and I'm scheduled to do a PM Podcast interview with someone from PMI on this certificate. I will include your question in my interview.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMI-PBA 9 years 5 months ago #4738

• Marc Abramowitz
  • Marc Abramowitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Cornelius were you able to ask this question? and if so what was the answer.

PMI-PBA 9 years 5 months ago #4739

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Marc,

Yes... I did indeed ask and received a negative response. The handbook clearly states that the 35 contact hours must be earned in business analysis practices and the PMI representative that I spoke to does not see the relation to Agile.

I'm not surprised, because this is the answer that I expected based on my interpretation of the PMI-PBA examination content outline. In this document you can see that the exam will ask you questions in 5 domains (Needs Assessment, Planning, Analysis, Traceability & Monitoring, and Evaluation) and the tasks that you are supposed to know about and have experience in are far from what we teach in our Agile PrepCast.

Example: Task 1 in Domain 1 is "Define or review a business problem or opportunity using problem and opportunity analysis techniques in order to develop a solution scope statement and/or to provide input to create a business case." We don't teach this for PMI-ACP and I don't know of any PMI-ACP course that does.

There are, however, a number of Knowledge & Skills listed in the exam content outline that are a match between ACP and PBA. But they are of such "general" nature (i.e. reporting, backlog management, change control, systems thinking) that the bottom line is this:

You need to take 35 training hours specific to business analysis in order to earn your 35 contact hours. Our PM PrepCast or Agile PrepCast do not qualify.
Until Next Time,

PMI-PBA 9 years 1 month ago #5230

• Carmine Buda
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Cornelius,

Are there any plans to offer a PMI-PBA prepcast in the future? I felt that the PM Prepcast was a huge help to me in passing the PMP exam and am looking for something to help me prepare for the PMI-PBA exam.

PMI-PBA 9 years 1 month ago #5234

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Carmine,

No. At this point we are not planning to offer a PMI-PBA PrepCast.

However... we will be offering a PMI-PBA Exam Simulator. Probably within the next 9 months or so.
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francis McGovern

PMI-PBA 6 years 5 months ago #12460

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greeting Fichtner.!
From previous post, I see, you will be offering the PMI-PBA exam simulator ready ? Do you have more details on this? I would like to use the same for my PBA exam certificaiton.

Thanks
PV

PMI-PBA 6 years 5 months ago #12461

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
PV,

We have decided to no longer pursue the PBA simulator at this time. We are focusing on PMP, CAPM and PMI-ACP exclusively.
Until Next Time,

PMI-PBA 4 years 11 months ago #17270

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I'm IT professional and PMP certified. I have been working in business intelligence and reporting from 10 years or more.

I would like to prove this experience with a certificate, what would be the best option for me "PMI-PBA" or "PMI-ACP"?

Thanks

PMI-PBA 4 years 11 months ago #17278

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It's hard to say considering how little information we have about you and your experience. But I think that out of the two certificates, PMI-PBA is probably the better fit.
Until Next Time,

PMI-PBA 3 years 10 months ago #21610

• Mamadou DIOP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks to PM PrepCast I ggot my PMI ACP certifacate above target on 6/7 domains
My next trip is PMI-BPA. Unfortunately PM prepcast is not offering such courses , I just wanted if someone can indicate me a good company that provide this training pmprepcastway of doing :)
Meanwhile , I wonder What other training PM prepCast is providing ...I am already PMP certified , so I will be interessed for PgM or PM-RISK

PMI-PBA 3 years 8 months ago #23194

• David Dacorro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
www.udemy.com/course/pmi_pba-preparation-course-_in-english/

I signed up for this course on Udemy to get my 35 required PDUs to sit for the PBA exam. Hope this helps.

PMI-PBA 3 years 7 months ago #23202

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi David
I appreciate you sharing that . i wonder how udemy is helpful...you will keep me posted after you exam, I wish you pass it
I wonder how Udemy material and courses are rated 1 to 5 ,where 5 is the best
I am now in preparation for RMP and already submit my application
I will consider PBA
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login