Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Q: Speaking in an Event, Can claim PDus?

Q: Speaking in an Event, Can claim PDus? 3 years 6 months ago #3314

• Anne Booc
When I speak at an event for 1 out of 7 hours, can I claim both speaking & participating PDUs?

Yes, you can claim PDUs for both attending and speaking. And there is even more good news!

But let’s first look at the situation overall: If you are attending an event where a maximum of 7 PDUs can be earned then that is the maximum for everyone. Regular attendees will earn 7 PDUs for attending 7 presentations. You as a speaker can claim 6 PDUs for attending 6 presentations from the other speakers and you can also claim 1 PDU for speaking at the event.

But here is the good news: You can also claim PDUs for the time it took you to prepare the presentation!

By way of an example let’s look at my situation of I recently speaking at a local PMI Chapter. It took me about 6.5 hours to create and practice the presentation and the presentation itself at the event was 1 hour long. So I can now claim 7.5 Category D PDus for giving this presentation.

Translating this into our original example above: You can claim 6 PDus for attending the other presentations, 1 PDU for giving your own presentation and 1 PDU for each hour that it took you to prepare.
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Michael DeCicco, Mary Kathrine Padua, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®