fbpx

Reply: Q: Speaking in an Event, Can claim PDus?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q: Speaking in an Event, Can claim PDus?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3314

's Avatar

When I speak at an event for 1 out of 7 hours, can I claim both speaking & participating PDUs?

Yes, you can claim PDUs for both attending and speaking. And there is even more good news!

But let’s first look at the situation overall: If you are attending an event where a maximum of 7 PDUs can be earned then that is the maximum for everyone. Regular attendees will earn 7 PDUs for attending 7 presentations. You as a speaker can claim 6 PDUs for attending 6 presentations from the other speakers and you can also claim 1 PDU for speaking at the event.

But here is the good news: You can also claim PDUs for the time it took you to prepare the presentation!

By way of an example let’s look at my situation of I recently speaking at a local PMI Chapter. It took me about 6.5 hours to create and practice the presentation and the presentation itself at the event was 1 hour long. So I can now claim 7.5 Category D PDus for giving this presentation.

Translating this into our original example above: You can claim 6 PDus for attending the other presentations, 1 PDU for giving your own presentation and 1 PDU for each hour that it took you to prepare.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login