fbpx

Reply: Q:New PDU Categories means less PDU opportunities?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q:New PDU Categories means less PDU opportunities?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3282

's Avatar

Question:
In March of 2011 PMI is changing the PDU Categories. I read that there are now just 6 categories. What are these 6 categories and because there are 18 categories today, does this mean there are 3 times fewer PDU opportunities for me?

Answer:

Here are the new PDU Categories that PMI will be using starting March 1st, 2011:

Education PDU Categories:
  • Category A: Courses offered by PMI R.E.P.s or Chapters and Communities
  • Category B: Continuing Education
  • Category C: Self-Directed Learning

Giving Back to the Profession PDU Categories:
  • Category D: Creating new Project Management Knowledge
  • Category E: Volunteer Service
  • Category F: Working as a Professional in Project Management

Even though PMI has reduced the number of categories/sub-categories from 18 down to 6, that doesn't mean that you have fewer opportunities to earn PDUs. When you compare the old to the new, you'll notice that all the current activities that will earn you PDUs are still allowed under the new categories. In fact, some new PDU activities have been added to the list (i.e. speaking as a guest in a podcast).

The reduction from 18 down to just 6 categories means that it is now easier for us to remember how we can earn PDUs and it is easier for us to report them. But there are certainly no fewer opportunities for us to earn PDUs.

We'll go more in detail of these categories in the coming weeks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login