fbpx

Reply: Passed CAPM

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed CAPM

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24414

Brittany S.

Hi Vishal,

I took my test on October 10, and I passed with Above Target in all areas! So hang in there, don't get discouraged!

I do have a suggestion, which helped me a lot. I found this guide ricardo-vargas.com/downloads/pmbok6-processes-flow/ and downloaded the Process Flow full and simplified versions. I studied both, but used the full version a ton. I printed it out in such a way that I made a poster taped together! It is grouped by process group rather than knowledge area, which for me with the way my brain works, made MUCH more sense. I also watched his video on that very same web page (entitled PMBOK® Guide 6th Ed Processes Explained with Ricardo Vargas).

To do better with my ITTOs, I got serious about focusing on the very unique inputs and outputs of note that only occur as an I/O for one process. I made little flashcards to drill this into my head. Also, when I looked at Ricardo's process flows, I was able to see the whole picture at once and was able to see some patterns with ITTOs (like for example, that every Plan ______Management task has the Project Charter as an input). There are many other patterns you might start to notice as well, and it makes it a whole lot less overwhelming to think about ITTOs.

Hope that helps, and good luck to you! You can do it!
3 years 4 months ago #24398

VISHAL GANDHI

Hi Brittany, I feel the same studied all the lessons provided in PMBOOK Guide also practice prep cast exams in which my scores are approx 60%. It looks all the same now and so a bit confused. Any way lets be positive and keep preparing for exams. I hope and as per the messages from others who passed their exams looks like the exams are not so difficult.

Best of Luck for your Saturday schedule.
3 years 5 months ago #23803

Brittany S.

Congratulations, Brian! Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to say the same thing soon. My first attempt at the CAPM is scheduled for this Saturday, and I am freaking out. I have been studying so much, but nothing is sticking it feels like. I scored 70% on my first practice exam here, then just scored 73% after studying a ton. Feeling quite discouraged right now and very afraid that I'm going to fail my CAPM. I have been at this since July and just don't feel like enough is sticking! Does anyone else feel like no matter how much you study these ITTOs, nothing sticks in your head?!?!?
3 years 5 months ago #23724

Elizabeth Harrin

Hi Cynthia - apologies for the delay in seeing your comment, it was stuck in a queue to be approved. There are practice exams available here: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/
3 years 6 months ago #23460

cynthia porcelli

's Avatar

Hello! Where can I find practice exams?
3 years 8 months ago #22443

Charle Magne Karlo A. De La Cruz, TPICQS, SSYBC, PMEC, CAPM, PMP

Charle Magne Karlo A. De La Cruz, TPICQS, SSYBC, PMEC, CAPM, PMP's Avatar

I agree, most of the quizzes I tried on other providers, PMPrepcast is the most difficult. I scored above 80% in other providers on the first try while on PMPrepcast I only got below 75%. It's good since we have to expect and prepare for the worst just like in our "schooling" days.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login