fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed CAPM

Passed CAPM 3 years 10 months ago #21770

• Brian Hebert
  • Brian Hebert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks to this rigorous class and practice exams I passed. I will not I didn't perform great on these practice tests and practice exams but came out with flying colors. For comparison sake, I tested on average 60% and took the CAPM and passed!! I'm not a solid test taker and I did it, so y'all can earn it too!!

Cheers,
Brian Hebert

Passed CAPM 3 years 10 months ago #21775

• Linda De Boer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
G'day,
Wonderful, Congratulations!!
Linda de Boer, CAPM®
Manager of System Architecture
Owl Tree Operations Inc.

Passed CAPM 3 years 9 months ago #22058

• Debra Chandler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Bryan,
Would you share your study plan and how you studied.
Thanks.

Passed CAPM 3 years 9 months ago #22293

• Hussein Bello
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
HAHAHA, SAME HERE, I TOOK MINE 9TH OF THIS MONTH AND I PASSED. I AVERAGED AROUND 66% IN MY PRACTICE TESTS. I THINK PREP CAST HAVE REALLY THOUGH PRACTICE QUESTIONS, SO IF YOU'RE GETTING AROUND 65% IN YOUR TEST YOU'VE GOT A SHOT AT PASSING THE REAL EXAM.

I APPLIED 5TH OF JUNE, THIS YEAR AND STARTED STUDYING THE FOLLOWING DAY. I TRIED STUDYING/MEMORIZING ABOUT 30 AND MORE PAGES EVERYDAY FOR THE NEXT 20DAYS, I GOT TWO TEXTBOOKS AND STUDIED THEM SIMULTANEOUSLY), AND I TOOK PRACTICE TEST IMMEDIATELY AFTER EVERY CHAPTER.

ONCE DOWN WITH THE TEXTBOOKS, I STARTED TAKING FULL PRACTICE TEST EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT 7 DAYS. AND AT THE SAME TIME WATCHED RICARDO VARGAS'S VIDEO ON 49 PROCESSES (IT'S A REALLY GOOD VIDEO) IT GAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE 49 PROCESSES, AFTER UNDERSTANDING AND MEMORIZING THE 49 PROCESSES, I STARTED TO GET THE WORKINGS OF ITTO'S AND I LEARNT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE'S TO ME.

AND COME 9TH, I TOOK MY TEST AND PASSED. THE EXAM WAS EASIER THAN EXPECTED, AND ALL THANKS TO PM-PREPCAST, I WAS MUCH PREPARED FOR SOMETHING WORSE.

THE 2 TEXT I USED ARE;
1) CAPM/PMP GUIDE BY JOSEPH PHILIP
2) CAPM IN DEPTH BY PAUL SANGHERA

Passed CAPM 3 years 9 months ago #22294

• Hussein Bello
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not saying averaging around 65% is a guarantee of passing, i just don't want you feeling bad/down whenever PM-PREPCAST practice test says "FAILED", I felt bad every time i saw it. But what matters the most is, going back to all questions you "MARKED" OR "MISSED" and try understanding why you missed it, this part can be stressful but it's key in learning.

and BTW i averaged around 75-80 % in every other test i took, except PM-PREPCAST :)

Passed CAPM 3 years 9 months ago #22443

• Charle Magne Karlo A. De La Cruz, TPICQS, SSYBC, PMEC, CAPM, PMP
  • Charle Magne Karlo A. De La Cruz, TPICQS, SSYBC, PMEC, CAPM, PMP's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I agree, most of the quizzes I tried on other providers, PMPrepcast is the most difficult. I scored above 80% in other providers on the first try while on PMPrepcast I only got below 75%. It's good since we have to expect and prepare for the worst just like in our "schooling" days.

Passed CAPM 3 years 7 months ago #23460

• cynthia porcelli
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello! Where can I find practice exams?

Passed CAPM 3 years 6 months ago #23724

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi Cynthia - apologies for the delay in seeing your comment, it was stuck in a queue to be approved. There are practice exams available here: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed CAPM 3 years 6 months ago #23803

• Brittany S.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Congratulations, Brian! Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to say the same thing soon. My first attempt at the CAPM is scheduled for this Saturday, and I am freaking out. I have been studying so much, but nothing is sticking it feels like. I scored 70% on my first practice exam here, then just scored 73% after studying a ton. Feeling quite discouraged right now and very afraid that I'm going to fail my CAPM. I have been at this since July and just don't feel like enough is sticking! Does anyone else feel like no matter how much you study these ITTOs, nothing sticks in your head?!?!?

Passed CAPM 3 years 5 months ago #24398

• VISHAL GANDHI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Brittany, I feel the same studied all the lessons provided in PMBOOK Guide also practice prep cast exams in which my scores are approx 60%. It looks all the same now and so a bit confused. Any way lets be positive and keep preparing for exams. I hope and as per the messages from others who passed their exams looks like the exams are not so difficult.

Best of Luck for your Saturday schedule.

Passed CAPM 3 years 5 months ago #24414

• Brittany S.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Vishal,

I took my test on October 10, and I passed with Above Target in all areas! So hang in there, don't get discouraged!

I do have a suggestion, which helped me a lot. I found this guide ricardo-vargas.com/downloads/pmbok6-processes-flow/ and downloaded the Process Flow full and simplified versions. I studied both, but used the full version a ton. I printed it out in such a way that I made a poster taped together! It is grouped by process group rather than knowledge area, which for me with the way my brain works, made MUCH more sense. I also watched his video on that very same web page (entitled PMBOK® Guide 6th Ed Processes Explained with Ricardo Vargas).

To do better with my ITTOs, I got serious about focusing on the very unique inputs and outputs of note that only occur as an I/O for one process. I made little flashcards to drill this into my head. Also, when I looked at Ricardo's process flows, I was able to see the whole picture at once and was able to see some patterns with ITTOs (like for example, that every Plan ______Management task has the Project Charter as an input). There are many other patterns you might start to notice as well, and it makes it a whole lot less overwhelming to think about ITTOs.

Hope that helps, and good luck to you! You can do it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca Bekolo
Last edit: by Brittany S.. Reason: typo
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login