fbpx

Reply: Project Documents Updation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Project Documents Updation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24404

Elizabeth Harrin

I'd say my 'go to' response would be to avoid multiple choice answers that state 'no' or 'never' because there are always some situations that need a different approach. Some documents will use change control.
3 years 5 months ago #24393

Parkash Pant

Thank you for the clarification. However, if they ask us in the exam, should I go with "no change requests" for project documents update since they are bound to be updated as the project progress?
3 years 5 months ago #24381

Elizabeth Harrin

My view is that it depends on the document. Something like the project schedule, which is updated regularly, or the risk and issue registers I wouldn't put through change control because they change too frequently and are working documents. Other documents, like the business case, project charter etc that have formally been approved and form part of the project records about what is authorised to be worked on - those I would put through change control.
3 years 5 months ago #24376

Parkash Pant

Does updating project documents require going through Perform Integrated Change Control? I am confused because, in the Control Quality lesson, Cornelius first mentioned that change requests are not needed for project documents, and then in Outputs, he mentioned that we need change requests to update project documents?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login