PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons From Exam Passers To Help You in Your PMI-ACP® Exam Prep
Are you thinking about studying for and obtaining the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification?
Are you wondering what study tools and methods others have used to successfully pass the PMI-ACP® Exam?
Are you interested in reading about and learning from the exam experiences of those who have already passed the PMI-ACP Exam?
Then there is a forum you should check out on The PMI-ACP Lessons Learned Forum website. All of the posts are lessons learned and tips from those who have recently passed the PMI-ACP Exam, who have become Agile Certified Practitioners, and who probably started with many of the same questions and concerns that you have right now.
PMI-ACP Exam Lessons Learned from Michael Mondie
One example from this forum was written by Michael Mondie after he successfully passed the PMI-ACP Exam. He shared his personal study plan and what items he reviewed the day he took the PMI-ACP® Exam.
Some of the things Michael did as part of his PMI-ACP exam prep included:
- Watching The Agile PrepCast™. He also noted that this will take dedication because there are many hours of podcast material in The Agile PrepCast.
- Reading PMI-ACP Exam Prep, Premier Edition: A Course in a Book for Passing the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Exam book by Mike Griffiths, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, and taking the quizzes that are included.
- Completing the 50 question sample exam included in The Agile PrepCast Student Workbook
- Finding a method for learning terms. Michael described his method as using a dry erase board to document made up words or acronyms that meant something to him that he could use to recall phrases.
- Reading the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
The day of the exam he did the following to increase his chances of passing the PMI-ACP Exam:
- Reviewed his dry erase board items and brain dumped all of this information once the exam had officially started.
- Reviewed the Roles for each Agile method
Martin Gagne's PMI-ACP Exam Prep Tips
Another example from this forum was written by Martin Gagne, who passed the PMI-ACP Exam on his first try. Some of the tips he shares are to:
- Look into taking training by your local PMI Chapter. He took the training offered by his local PMI Chapter, which consisted of three days of training in a row.
- Read the prep book ACP Exam Prep Plus Desk Reference written by John Stenbeck, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP. He suggested reading this twice in its entirety.
- Purchase and follow the training offered by Cornelius Fichtner’s Agile PrepCast
- Learn the Agile Manifesto Values and Principles.
Larry Samlin Shares His PMI-ACP Exam Journey
And in a final post from this forum by Larry Samlin, who also recently passed the PMI-ACP® Exam, he shares these steps that he followed to successfully study for and pass the PMI-ACP Exam:
- Used Andy Crowe’s, The PMI-ACP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try and purchased a 30 day access license to sample question bank
- The main tip from Larry is that the key for him was to take as many practice tests as time would allow
These are just a few examples of suggestions and tips left by those who have recently passed the PMI-ACP Exam. Most of those who have recently passed the PMI-ACP Exam are more than willing to share what worked for them, and this forum is an excellent place to access all of that knowledge. Just remember when you pass exam to pay it forward by sharing your tips, study tools, and exam passing suggestions to this forum to help others on their journey to passing the PMI-ACP Exam.
If you want to know how the Agile PrepCast can help you in your PMI-ACP exam prep, watch this free lesson about Lean Software Development