fbpx

Reply: Cleared PMP on 9 June 2020

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared PMP on 9 June 2020

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21679

Anil P

Hello Mellissa,
Thanks.
The start of the exam is a short tutorial (about 6-7 screens)on how the exam application works (similar to the PrepCast simulator but probably a couple added features). You can start writing only after the tutorial is over and your first question pops up. I actually did not do a data dump and instead continued answering.
After the first 90 or so questions or halfway mark (whichever the application is checking) you are forced to a review screen from where you could select any questions marked earlier to answer later and finalize them and submit. You dont get to review these question later towards the end. Once you submit this 90 questions, you can decide to take a break for 10 minutes or continue, a screen will give you an option to decide that within a minute. If you dont decide within the minute, you will be forced to take the 10 minute break. Later you do the second part. Hope its helps.
3 years 9 months ago #21678

Anil P

Thanks, Deepan.
Its glossy paper book and a pen. Not a very convenient one, but it will do the job. For the first 90 questions I was more or less on time, if I remember correctly it was 10 minute before the halfway mark (about 130 minutes left in the exam). Good luck.
3 years 9 months ago #21677

Anil P

Thanks, Emily. Ans you are welcome
3 years 9 months ago #21655

Bryan Bostic

If you're taking the online PMP proctored exam, you will not have scratch paper but rather a "virtual whiteboard" similar to MS paint. It's pretty useless for the online exam and will not be very helpful for a brain dump before the exam. You'll have a virtual calculator. For my online exam I didn't need the calculator at all. I've not seen much feed back that if you take the exam in a Pearson Vue office if you'll be given the scratch paper. My advise is to practice writing out the 49 processes on scratch paper every day as well as the EVM formulas. Once you can do that, you won't need the scratch paper for the brain dump. There's some good YouTube video that can help with the memorization of the 49 processes via word phrases or acronyms.

As for the question about taking the exam, the 4 hr clock counts down as MINUTES, that can be confusing if you don't practice that way. The 4hr clock counts for the entire test. The only time the clock pauses is if you take the scheduled 10 min break. e.g If you take the first 90 questions in 30 mins, then the 10 min break, you'll have 3:30 mins for the second half (110 questions)
-Bryan
3 years 9 months ago #21646

Deepan Shanmugam

Hi Anil,
Congratulations for successfully certified PMP. I have a question on center based test. Are they providing a paper to do math calculations or do we need to rely on the whiteboard in the system. And how long you took to complete the first part of 90 questions.
3 years 9 months ago #21631

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats, Anil! And thank you for sharing your tips and experiences!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login