fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 1st PMP Exam Attempt- Above Target in all 5 Domains :)

1st PMP Exam Attempt- Above Target in all 5 Domains :) 3 years 10 months ago #21528

• Shreeraj Pawar
  • Shreeraj Pawar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Happy to share that I cleared PMP exam earlier this morning. Took 2 prepcast exams last week (test 2 71% on 1st June and test 3 81% on 4th June) with a sprinkling of prepcast quizzes(10 questions at a time). This helped me tremendously. I also did the 200 questions test from PMI's website but used it more as a learning tool and scored 71%. I started preparing seriously sometime back in April and used PM Mentors' workbook (company's vendor) for preparation. One thing I can say for sure is that this exam is tough. Had many (5-10 or maybe more) Agile questions and the wording in general for most of the questions seemed vague. Also, focus on change management and stakeholder engagement. Praizion videos on YouTube are quite good. Look at the one with pmbok mainline.
I'd like to stress on a couple of key things that helped me do well on the exam:
1- I kept a mental log of where i needed to be in terms of every 10 questions i attempted. Meaning if i'm @ question #10, i should see approximately 228 minutes on the timer and then on question #20, i should be @ 216 minutes and so on. Whenever i was falling behind on time and i would see a long winded or calculation based question come up, i would flag it for later and catch up on time.
2- I used a standardized process of answering every question that i'd see and it helped me calm my nerves. Steps i followed were: read the question, identify which process i am in, try thinking what can the answer be without looking at the options and then ruthlessly eliminating the options to zero in on the answer.
Hope this helps everyone! Also, if you're planning to take the test at one of the testing centers (like i did), they would in most likelihood ask you to wear a mask so i'd suggest that while appearing for your mock exams, take it with the mask on. It's tough and gets uneasy if you don't have the practice of taking the test with the mask on. Glad i practiced my prepcast tests with the mask on so it wasn't much of a surprise :)
Feel free to ask questions and I'll gladly share additional info regarding my test experience.

1st PMP Exam Attempt- Above Target in all 5 Domains :) 3 years 10 months ago #21561

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Sheeraj,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login